Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i was getting ready for the forcasted snow fall ( thank god they were wrong). I was at the bank drivthrough and the truck just shut off. I was able to restart it with no problem. Then i pulled away slowly. When i pulled out on to the street the truck would not go. When i hit the gas it just wouldn't accelerate. Evertime i hit the gas it would rev up to 2 on the rpm's. once it hit 2 the rpm would drop to 0 and start over. The truck never got above ten on the 1 mile trip home. the check engin light came on when i was almost home. When i got home and shut the truck off it wouldn't restart. A soon as i tryed to restart it i noticed the voiltage gage was about 1/2 as high as it usuly is. I tryed jumping it and the gage would not go up. The battery was vary old and i was going to replace it this weekend. so i went and got a new one. even with installing the new one, the battery gage still is 1/2 as high. what the hell is wrong.

and yes it still won't start

·
Registered
57 Posts
CLC, What kind of truck is it? Did you have the plow mounted when this happened, perhaps there was a drain from the plow system. May need a new alternator. Dont worry we will have you up and doin':burnout in no time! Scott

·
Registered
146 Posts
Check your battery cables, this will keep it from charging! Check voltage at battery (12 volts), check voltage at starter (12 volts),
running (14 volts)

·
Registered
36 Posts
clcsnow said:
2 problems we have had with similar years with similar problems, fuel filter and EGR valve. A clogged fuel filter will cause eratic surging at time, even failier to start. Chevy also has a problem with Carbon buildup on the EGR valves. the egr problem often caused engine surging.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts