Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 88 chevy 2500 silverado pick up , with a TB 350 in it . I was plowing and the truck was running fine and then all of a sudden it stalled . When I re started it , it idoled smooth then it drops down , comes back up , so on and so on then when you give it the gas it sputters and then flames came out of the carborator ( I have a throttle body ) I have replaced the : Cooling Temp Sensor , Throttle Position Sensor , The EOS sensor , checked my timing , Cat . converter , plugs , wires dis . cap !! What do I check for now ?? Someone said maybe it's fuel related ! Could it be the pump or the fuel pressure regulator or relay ??????

Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It came up with code 43 - eletronic spark control and the fuel pressure , I do not know , I don't have a pressure tester !

Steve

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
The ESC module is the flat square looking thing with the 6pin connector, just to the left of the throttlebody. If its throwing that code, check to make sure the module is plugged in and not dirty/corroded. I'm not exactly sure of a test procedure, but I would assume that you could test the module to see if it is faulty, which it sounds like it might be.... :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put the ESC module ( eletronic spark control ) in today and still the same thing , I noticed last night before I did anything today that it cleared out for a few miniutes and then did it again . Im now rebuilding the fuel pressure regulator , Ill let you know how I make out when im done . If anyone has any suggestions please let me know , I plow with the truck and there calling for snow later in the week !!

Steve

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
John is correct about the location of the ESC module.

A code 43 is set when the ECM input from the ESC module is low for longer than 5 seconds,or the system fails the functional check.Could be the knock sensor,ESC,wiring,or the ECM.

Start the engine and try unplugging the ESC module,and using a test light connected to the postive battery terminal to probe teminal "C" at the ESC connector.If the light goes out,and the engine runs fine,then it's not the ECM,or the wiring to it.Your problem is somewhere in the ESC system.

If it does not change anything,then do the same thing at terminal "B7" at the ECM.If there is still no change,then the ECM is bad.

Try those tests first,and report back.I'll guide you through the rest of the diagnosis.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts