Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, I have a 8ft straight blade boss plow. last year it worked fine. this year I went to hook up and I had no power at the controller. if I use my power probe to give the black 12v constant power wire, power, then the plow works fine with no issues. I have checked the inline fuse under the dash and the fuse is good and I have 14.6v while truck is running. also under the hood there is another wire tapped into an ignition sourced wire, again that fuse is good and has 14.6v while truck is running. the only problem I did find was the fused wire that comes straight from the battery was corroded and broke so I fixed that and still don't have power to the controller. now the 13 pin on the plow side has a broken pin for the park lights. I don't think that would affect the controller power but I don't know for sure?
if anyone can give me more pointers or somewhere to look, Id really appreciate it. I have scoured over the wiring for the past 2 days and those are the only 2 problems I have found.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you can get it to work by jumping 12V to the Black wire in the controller circuit, then something is obviouslywrong with that power lead. Some of these systems require all kinds of communication with the solenoids so possible that that broken pin in the 13 connector is guilty? That sounds far fetched to me, but how to rule that out?

·
Registered
9 Posts
hello, I have a 8ft straight blade boss plow. last year it worked fine. this year I went to hook up and I had no power at the controller. if I use my power probe to give the black 12v constant power wire, power, then the plow works fine with no issues. I have checked the inline fuse under the dash and the fuse is good and I have 14.6v while truck is running. also under the hood there is another wire tapped into an ignition sourced wire, again that fuse is good and has 14.6v while truck is running. the only problem I did find was the fused wire that comes straight from the battery was corroded and broke so I fixed that and still don't have power to the controller. now the 13 pin on the plow side has a broken pin for the park lights. I don't think that would affect the controller power but I don't know for sure?
if anyone can give me more pointers or somewhere to look, Id really appreciate it. I have scoured over the wiring for the past 2 days and those are the only 2 problems I have found.
If you use your power probe to energize the black wire and the plow works fine, then you should cut that wire where you are probing it, and run it straight to the battery to test it. It should work the same as if you used your power Probe. If it does, then run that same wire to an ignition source bypassing the wiring that is in the Boss wire harness. Also, you may want to purchase a new Boss Wire harness for the truck side and start from scratch. this way you will learn what each wire does and have new clean connections.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts