Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a "customer" (more like a close family friend that I am going to help out).
Her driveway is fairly simple, probably 5 minutes or so to clear.
Now, she will snowblow all snow up to 4" or so, and wants me to clear everything above that.
No problem.
She suggested to pay me $250 for the season, which I don't mind, as she is like 5 minutes from my house anyways. (She's helped out my family several times with other things).

Question(s) are....
Is $250 reasonable? Too much/too less?
Would I be better off just charging per push, lets say $30 each? (I know it's a low price, but she's a good friend)

Her biggest need is to have the driveway cleared where the city plows her driveway in, she's not that worried about cleaning the driveway 100%.

Suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance ~

David

·
Registered
866 Posts
I would stick to a per time charge- and if she's a really good friend with a chance that you might surpass the $250, put that amount on as a cap or limit. I have several friends that I help out this way, and this year I have three driveways that I am doing pro-bono because of what they did for my family this past summer, just before my son went in for heart surgery. They all want to pay me still- but I want to give them this year for free, it's the least I can do. How many plowable events do you average per year? Will you go over the $250? If not then stick to a per push, and whatever you feel is reasonable for her. That is what I would do.

Bill

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, hopefully I'll go over the $250 (snow snow snow!!!)
Good tip on putting a "cap" on the events. Maybe like the 1st 10 events will cover the $250 and everything else will be at the per-push rate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts