Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought a 2016 mm2 ive ran alot of plows but never installed one myself so i ran into a few issues 1) when plow is mounted headlights stay on my truck and plow with no high beams or blinkers in the front 2) do newer plows still run a solenoid under the hood? My diagram shows the harness directly to battery but i dnt understand what breaks the power i have constant power to plow when truck is off and my controller stays lit

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
"Wingman420, post: 357192, member: 30751"]

im in upstate new york i wouldnt be opposed to bringing it to a plow guy someone that installs them all the time i think they could narrow the issue down pretty quickly also in facebook jail so cant ask for help on there LOL

·
Registered
448 Posts
That truck has reversible connectors at the headlights. They are labeled a and b on the connector. They need to be all on the same side with the wire labeled COM going to the ground from the factory harness.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That truck has reversible connectors at the headlights. They are labeled a and b on the connector. They need to be all on the same side with the wire labeled COM going to the ground from the factory harness.
[/QUOTE

So i have the quick connects backwards on the headlights back feeding the ground? This is my digram

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is an ignition wire that you have connected to battery direct, that wire needs to go to key on only power, then when you turn off the key, the controller will turn off.
Are you taking about the little red wire that comes off controller harness that goes through the firewall? I have that connected to the radio fuse under the hood for keyed power

·
Registered
448 Posts
Are you taking about the little red wire that comes off controller harness that goes through the firewall? I have that connected to the radio fuse under the hood for keyed power
If the controller is staying on when the key is off, then that fuse isn't keyed. Which is expected because normally radio fuses are not keyed since the radio is normally operational with the truck off.

Usually you want to check for one labeled Ignition - 2nd choices are the power points (12v outlets, cig. outlets, whatever the particular truck calls them) though some trucks these are live all the time as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If the controller is staying on when the key is off, then that fuse isn't keyed. Which is expected because normally radio fuses are not keyed since the radio is normally operational with the truck off.

Usually you want to check for one labeled Ignition - 2nd choices are the power points (12v outlets, cig. outlets, whatever the particular truck calls them) though some trucks these are live all the time as well.
I tested the fuse for keyed power and doesnt run power when the truck is off and door opens that kills power to the radio but i know my 12v outlets have constant power so your saying to try running that wire to the ignition wire?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I tested the fuse for keyed power and doesnt run power when the truck is off and door opens that kills power to the radio but i know my 12v outlets have constant power so your saying to try running that wire to the ignition wire?
No, I'm saying check the fuse again. If the control stays on with the key off, that fuse can't be switched.
None of that has anything to do with your lighting issue of course.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, I'm saying check the fuse again. If the control stays on with the key off, that fuse can't be switched.
Yea i didnt think that was a lighting problem i had tested the fuse with a test light prior to running the wire to it when the truck is off the fuse has no power..im still used to the old set up where you ran your power through a solenoid under the hood to break the power between battery truck and plow any recommendations on someone to bring it to? I live in mayfield new york

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

hard to reply on here back and forth / five 1 eight 22 four 4five-seven-two # to text

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its 2021 idk why hooking a plow up has to be such a pain in the a$$ im gunna bring it to someone thanks for all the info guys!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts