Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had it with my lemon excursion....got stranded AGAIN this week..

I can not seem to find a reg cab 350 srw, 6.0, auto, snow plow prep, dual alternator truck in CO or UT...preferably manufactured after 9/25 or so

I am WILLING TO TRAVEL to a dealer. Looking for an XL or basic XLT nothng fancy. Don't care too much about color, guessing it is gong to be in white.

Less travel is better, but I NEED a truck.

Howard

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Talk to:

Bobby Williams
Fleet Manager - Commercial Account Manager
Sunrise Ford Fleet 16005 Valley Blvd, Fontana, Ca 92335
(909) 822-4401 Ext. 2167 (909) 822-4199 Fax Number
Email --->[email protected]

He might be able to hook you up.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Howard, what kind of problems did you have with the Excursion that is making you get rid of it?? Are all the bugs worked out of the new Ford diesel 6.0 motor, is that why you want a late production date truck? Good luck finding what you want. Mike :)

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
talked to bobby williams... he was the one who was willing to do the colorado an utah searches for me.

Problems....

How does stranding me 5 times in 57,000 miles sound? No real diagnosis, mysteriously blamed on fuel gelling, glow plugs, high pressure oil pump, IDM, and the latest is the fuel sender being off....

Towing bill has been close to $600 and You never know when it will stop running. Runs for a while (5-12k miles) then one day you are driving down the road and it loses power, misses and then dies, then you can't get it running for a couple of days.

Howard

·
Registered
526 Posts
Don't know if this is helpful at all or not, but I went on FordVehicles.com and looked for dealers in the CO. area. Then browsed some of the inventory. This dealership seems to have 4 of what you are looking for, although I didn't check the specs really closely. (I don't know the dealer / area, and have never used them etc. just browsed the web trying to help)

Hope it is helpful, heres the link

Good luck !

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Howard, so the Excursion was a diesel and you want another diesel?? Was the Excursion a 7.3 or the newer 6.0? Im guessing it was the 7.3. The 6.0 has alot of problems too I thought? I hope you know what you are doing and dont end up with another diesel thats a lemon. Whats with the production date? After that date, all the problems were fixed? Good luck! Mike :)

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep after that date there are supposed to be less problems...

I am torn on the diesel thing. I don't get very good mileage with my 7.3 (14.5 average 17 hghware 9 plowing.) How much worse could a v-10 be?

plus the v10- is 5k cheaper. plus diesel here is 1.79 and gas is 1.59

Howard

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Howard

Have you considered a Dodge ? The Cummins has more power,pulls better,and gets better mileage doing it.They seem to be a lot more trouble free too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts