Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a dipstick tube for my 90' TBI 454. The tube is 2 piece and goes into the "Block" not the pan. The truck was built late 90' so we found that most parts on it are for 91's and newer.

Yes I have tried the dealers and they tell me the part is discontinued. I have also checked the local speed shops and still no luck.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Have you checked any local salvage yards? If you can't find one, I'll try to locate one for you, I'd be happy to UPS it to ya! Let me know, it would give me an excuse to go to a salvage yard again!

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Travel & Bar Consultant
2,029 Posts
Earth......Check out you local Auto Zone or a place like
that. They have a HELP brand section with all kinds
of goofy gtuff. Door handles, dip sticks, etc etc......geo

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
I just checked with GM,the lower section is part number 10106456,and is the one that is discontinued.No one shows ones anywhere here in Canada,but my parts guy is still searching........it's only $7.75 CDN

The upper is part number 10045743,and they have stock at a few dealers.Price is 81.25 CDN.

If it's the lower you need,maybe you can make something else work.I have used those fuel line repair tubes that have the stepped ends.You may have to grind it down some,but you should be able to find one that fits into the block,and then use a compression union to connect it to the upper.

Another option is to find a universal aftermarket dipstick and tube,and use it.You may have to remark the full mark to the correct level for your engine.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys,,, an A+ on the ideas.
When it quits snowing and I get more than 4 hrs sleep i'll go take a look around.

I would think that the hole in a big block would be the same size as one for a small block. But then again who knows.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts