Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 2500hd crew cab with plow package. I was thinking about trying to take the head liner down and locate the wire to the back 3rd lite so I can put a connection to plug in my little rotator lite. How are is it to get the head liner down? Do you have to take it all down? Does it go back up right and not look like it was pulled down?

Ray

·
Registered
445 Posts
HI Ray,
I took out the overhead light out and reach in there the wiring for the warning light is rolled up directly over the drivers head. I just pull the head liner down a little in the cab directly behind the 3rd light and snaked thru.

·
Registered
132 Posts
As soon as my strobe comes in, Im going to try what cny joe said. My truck is a lease and I dont want to do any major cutting or hacking to put the light on.....
It sounds like the wire is close enough to fish it out and up over the door opening and along the roof...

:canada

·
Registered
445 Posts
Pro, I took out the screws on the 3rd brake light and fished the wire thru there once I got it out I attached a connector on it and put the brake light back in place with the connector hanging out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhh....ok
that's an excellent idea. Ill try that....
:drinkup

·
Registered
445 Posts
Light connection thru 3rd brake light...sorry for the quality of the pic

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sorry, I don't have any info on the new trucks with the pre-routed wire, but I wired my lightbar up the same way.

I didn't have to drop the headliner, I just took off the 3rd brake light cover, the dome light on the inside, and some trim pieces. Routed the wire out the brake light with a connector from autozone (like $3). Easy to unhook if necessary.

Here's a pic:

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
That is the same connector that I used:grinz

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Travel & Bar Consultant
2,029 Posts
RAY,,,,,,Forgot to mention......

The wires to the headliner run bottom to top
in the left side rear corner of the GM trucks.

If you have a reg. cab...just pull the plastic trim
piece off next to the rear window.

If you have a ex-cab or crew it is a PIA because
you have to pull off the seat belt anchor and/or
(in x-cab) remove seat back to take off plastic
trim piece !

The few I have done.... sometimes you can pull
off the overhead console and they will be there!
Sometimes not!!!!

Or ya can pull off the top mounted stop light and
fish them out!

The last thing ya wanna do is pull down the headliner!
Break those cheap plastic clips that hold it up and you
are screwed !......................geo

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hooked my strobe light up today. It was easy, took 25 min.
I gently pulled down on the headliner, could see the wire for the roof light curled up and taped too the roof. I used a hanger and fished it out the drivers side, I then gently tucked it back up under the head liner around the edge too the back by the third light .... Pull gently down on the head liner and it will open up enough too tuck the wire back up....
I then pulled the third light cover off the outside, and fished the wire out through the hole and put the cover back on....
wired it up and finished,,, works great...:canada

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hey pro property, wheres the picts or small video clip, :grinz you know its dark out now would be the perfect time:D :shades

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hey Ray, did you ever get your rotator lite hooked up? Just wondering how you made out.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CNY Joe said:
Hey Ray, did you ever get your rotator lite hooked up? Just wondering how you made out.
No,
I havent got to it yet. Been trying to get my other truck equiped and been doing work around the house. Hopefully this week I can get to it.

Ray

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ray, if you have any questions or run into trouble Pm me and I will try to help you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts