Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My older meyer plow's blade will tip slightly from side to side. Is this the head bolt? If so it is hard to reach and the the last time i tried it was tough to move. Is the fact that it does this going to cause it to break during a storm?

·
Registered
46 Posts
yes i think it is that bolt shouldnt be to hard to reach right in front isnt it?i wonder the same thing when mine starts to wobble im just waiting for it ti flop off

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
There will be some side to side movement this is normal, you will want to check and make sure the bolt is tight.
This is a very high ware area on the plow.
More than one has wore or broken the A frame on the front side or the sector on the back. This area is metal to metal with the bolt going through it. ( A frame and sector)

Tileman

Attachments

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I believe it's called the King bolt on the parts lists, when you go to buy it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
MDsnowPRO said:
My older meyer plow's blade will tip slightly from side to side. Is this the head bolt? If so it is hard to reach and the the last time i tried it was tough to move. Is the fact that it does this going to cause it to break during a storm?
my western does the same thing.i end up replacing the bolt because the threads get all flatened out after runing it all day loose.get a new lock nut and put thread locker on it.so far i have the same bolt and nut this year after 4 storms.only took 2 storms last year to trash the bolt

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Jeff the plow is a Meyers C 7.5 (Comerical). The pins on the frame are for attaching the plow to the truck. That is where I keep them so I don't lose them.
It is a 2000 or 2001 model.

Tileman

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Tileman,
Just curious as to why you don't have the springs installed in those spots where you store the mounting pins??

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
BRL
There a 2 more springs on the outside of the ones you see in the picture. Meyers may use the same sector on the larger plows , that use 6 springs on them.

Tileman

1 - 12 of 12 Posts