Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has the hand held controller that I have heard of? I am somewhat interested and would like some pics if anyone has any.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I looked at that controller and actually borrowed one for a day from my dealer before taking it back and getting the touch pad controller. The hand held joystick worked really well as long as I held it in my hand, but if I had to put it down (like when I needed both hands on the wheel) it had a tendency to press up against things like the seat, my legs, etc that made the plow move in ways I didn't want it to move. Of course I could have hit the OFF button before putting it down, but in the end the touch pad worked better for me.

Pete

·
Registered
38 Posts
While I am sure the touch pad works good. Didn't the joy stick have the window holder like mine so it will hang on your door?

·
Registered
13 Posts
cbsuperduty said:
While I am sure the touch pad works good. Didn't the joy stick have the window holder like mine so it will hang on your door?
Yeah, it does. I had the joystick controller on my first Curtis plow. It worked well, but was huge! That's why I was looking for an alternative when I traded up to a 3/4...and a longer plow. That hand held controller would be cool if it had some way to hang it up when not in use...like one of those little clips used to hang microphones. I tried using Velcro, but the hand held was too heavy and it kept falling off when I hit a bump.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I would never trade my window-mounted joy-stick. I tried the hand-held toggle for a few weeks and have no use for it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
oops I meant to say "I have NO use for the hand-held touch pad" ... how do I edit my posts?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the hand control it is a little different to operate, i like it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hand held

What cost is the hand held? I have a curtis but there is no prices. I hate the joystick box. It takes up my cupholder and I have to screw it in place to keep steady. It worked fine but bothersome.

Anyone have a price on this item

1hhc1 is part number.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
:drool

Well since my last post, I bought the controller and have a great feeling for it. It comes with a clip to hang on door or dash. The cost was 358.00 at my local dealer.

Got tired of big contoller. can't wait for snow!!!!:cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hand held control... LOVE IT

Here's a pic... I paid the extra when I bought my plow... I liked the idea of being able to control the plow, shift, and have a hand on the wheel all at the same time if necessary... I definitely do not regret it, I love the control it gives me.

I suppose4 it's all a matter of persoinal preference, but I've used touch pads and window mounted boxes before, and I really like this one best...

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
hand held

i bought a new curtis sno pro this year and got the hand held with it .
i like it ........... but i wish the up and down were switched i allways want to push forward to go down and pull back to go up .
p.s my local dealer threw in the hand held in place of the joy stick control

·
Registered
3 Posts
huh never thought of that . i geuss i was thinking they were probally sodered . let me get back to you on that !

·
Registered
21 Posts
If anyone has a joystick with the window mount they don't need/want I'd like to buy it from you. I have the touch pad and never have liked it. Send me a PM if interested !!

·
Registered
18 Posts
What cost is the hand held? I have a curtis but there is no prices. I hate the joystick box. It takes up my cupholder and I have to screw it in place to keep steady. It worked fine but bothersome.

Anyone have a price on this item

1hhc1 is part number.

Thanks
You can find the controllers and pricing listed here:

www.oslosaccessories.com

1 - 18 of 18 Posts