Snowplow Forums banner

H2 with a what??

8K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  CNY Joe 
#1 ·
A little of topic, but today i saw a brandy new Hummer H2 with a western snow plow mounted on it. Ill watch for it, and take a picture. Seen it around a couple of times. Pretty interesting, looked like a unimount 6.6.

Jeff

#2 ·
It seems a 6.6 would be a bit small for an H2. They are basically the fullsize chevy frame, I would imagine a 8 or 8.5 would be more the speed for one of them. I would think you need at least an 8 foot to cover the foot print of that machine.........

#3 ·
There is a guy around here that has an 8' Western Pro Plow on his H2. If I see it again I will get some pics.

I didn't have my camera last time I saw it, but it actually looked pretty good.

Only thing is, $56000 is alot of money for a plow truck like that. I would be worried about damaging it also (by hitting something)

#4 ·
had a h2 in my shop this week
probaly would make a good plow truck
only problem if you have a problem under the hood youd have to remove the head gear because the hood and grill flip forward
definitly would need 7.5 on that truck
john

#7 ·
NNJSnow, maybe it was bigger than a 6.5' and it just looked small to you because of how big the truck is?? The 6.5' plows are very small, not only in length, but in moldboard height also. If it really was a 6.5', it must have looked AWFULLY small on that huge truck. :confused: Mike

#8 ·
A 6.5' would look goofy on that big H2.I would like to see one in action.

#9 ·
Big Difference between an H1 and a H2

The H2 is really just a Tahoe chassis with a revised Hummer body.

Now if the would build the Tahoe's with the stoutness and front axle weight that they put on H2, then they would be doing something.:rolleyes:

#11 ·
The H-1 is nothing like the H-2, The H-1 had a diesel, brakes in the center, and under water capabilites(sp)
And they still do have a price tag about twice has much as the H2.

#12 ·
heres the important difference
hit a house with a h1 itll go in 1 side and out the other

hit a house with an h2
the rad will jam into the front of the engine
the airbags will deploy game over
but aleast you can call for help
because you have onstar

john
:headwall :headwall

#16 ·
I have done 3 fischer installs on the H2, 2 were 7-6 and i did the boss' a year ago and put a 8' xblade on that. Have plowed around the shop with it a few times last year and had no problems with me beating on it :D Luckily he didnt see me really testing it out.

#18 ·
Have pics at work. The salesman is having problems sending them to me so i am having them sent to arc burn. will have him post then when he gets them.

actually its only one shot, but its of two h2's sitting side by side, one with a 7-6 and the boss' with the xblade.

#21 ·
i bought my wife h2 last week. i gotta tell you it is not really comparable to her tahoe we traded in. i got to drive h1 at the dealership and that is quite a machine even with heavy duty price tag. the h2 we got is the adventure series has some great options that would make a great plow truck. how about air compressor in back with 50' hose. yesterday i put together a little tool box to keep in truck. included some air impact tools. its just nice to be able to blow off the dirty kids before entering moms new ride. plus they kinda get a kick out of it. so far i really enjoy the h2 but i dont see any plow of any size attached to it soon. i would like it but i think my wife would not. i will take a pic tommorrow and post under "our toys" thread if anyone is interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.