Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Posting this for a friend of mine:

Have you seen a great deal on a brand new 9' Diamond Plow for a Ford and a brand new Diamond/Meyer Stainless Steel Sander that's to good to be true ??

Stolen from the North Shore of Boston:

1 9' Diamond Plow
1 8' Stainless Steel Diamond/Meyer Sander

Serial Numbers are recorded and equipment has been reported as stolen

Cash Reward

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Gordyo does any of this equipment have any particular markings on it? Names or numbers? When you say north shore do you mean Revere to Salisbury or more inland? I read the wants ads almost every week and if I see that combo I'll give you a shout. Was the entire truck stolen or just the parts? Some people are just :evil

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JD,

I don't know too many details other than it was brand new stuff, never seen snow should only be Diamond and Meyer on it no company names, there was no truck just the equipment. I would say Boston to Southern New Hampshire would be were it might be seen, but who knows.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Gordyo I feel bad for your friend if I see anything I will let you know. Boy when you great deal on equipment I thought that maybe you where gonna sell that 450 for a new 550 :D

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Keep bringing it up !!

Keep letting this float to the top .. I hope they catch and jail the losers

·
Registered
80 Posts
I hope you find the losers! Good luck!!!

·
Registered
660 Posts
It's going to be real tough, as you said, its brand NEW. If it were used, scratch, dent, visible marking, etc would give it away. But new......Its anyone's guess.

Did they alert all local plow shops? This way if they're brought in, and THEY didn't sell it, they could start asking more questions....

Good Luck!

·
Registered
596 Posts
I once looked at a tandem dump truck, 10 years old, that only had 86,000 miles on it. It had been parked in a barn for 5 years while it cooled off. It had been recovered and the dealer had bought it from the insurance company. A customer of mine lost a New Holland skid loader and when it was recovered three years later it only had 100 hours more on the clock (but they were obviously *hard* hours), than the day it disappeared. It was never proven that the farmer who had it was the theif--he claimed to have bought it from someone who represented it as their own.

My point is this--if you've not paid for the equipment in the first place there's not a real strong incentive to get it to pay for itself. Whoever stole that plow and spreader might not try to unload them until next year, or later. *Any* time you're offered a deal that's too good to be true, be suspicious.

BTW, if they catch *you* in possesion of the stuff, even if you bought it, that's called "recieving stolen property", and at the very least it'll be returned to the rightful owner and you'll lose your investment...

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Re: Re: Keep bringing it up !!

aleksei said:
Put 'em on the sidewalk crews!! :D

aleksei
Nah not just sidewalks make em shovel the whole lot... a nice mall complex would put em to good work...

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Re: Re: Keep bringing it up !!

aleksei said:
Gotta make them use round-point metal spades! :D

aleksei
nah those are too big i was thinking more along the lines of those little hand garden shovels the ones used for planting little flowers...

·
Registered
75 Posts
But metal is too sturdy -- they should use the little red plastic shovels kids use on the beach!
I suppose we are keeping this thread near the top.... ;)

aleksei

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
LoL good idea... but actually its marked by the mods to keep it up top...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts