Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found if I put grease on the slides My plow goes on even
better than before! Also it saves your paint! Backing out from under it is better! I would like to hear if anyone else has tried this!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I haven't tried it yet, but and willing to try about anything. Any special grease to use?

John

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any grease with water repellent in it!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not having problems! I just found it was even better & helped to stop scaping my paint! I guess I have always thought it was better lubed!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I was going to grease but decided against it because I was afraid the grease would attract dirt and cause more friction.

I have to tell you this ultra mount is absolutely perfect.I always hated the uni mount I always struggled with it.It was too heavey for me to manuver around.with the ultra mount I always pull in and thind I have to slide it in by hand but when I get out I just have to raise the legs because I am home allready

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So for I have not had a dirt problem! When I am done plowing I wipe off & put on new grease, store with clean grease! Stops rust from starting! I take of the part off the truck and put it over the grease! Put on truck just before the plow is installed! Great place to store & keeps us out of the grease!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts