Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELL YA! A BOSS plow forum! About time!! Like the pics on the previous thread, guys. I will have to post the pics of my trucks. :D
I am ready for snow. Blades (both V's) are on and ready to plow. I like Boss the best, (My pic was in BOSS 2003 brochure, pick one up!) but i am eyeballing that Blizzard. Looks like an equally good blade. Takes a lot to sell me though. BOSS THROUGH AND THROUGH!!! Jon

·
Registered
445 Posts
Can't wait to see some pics of your set-ups:D

·
Registered
161 Posts
need pictures :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
:burnout I know I know summer with the plow on.......:confused: It was taken the day I had it installed. Happened to be September.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GREENQuestLAWN, Nice pics!! Are you using a rear-mounted pull plow at the same time as you are using the BOSS in the front? Just curious! ;) Jon

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nice looking Boss VBlade :cool:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am going to borrow my buddy's camera this weekend to get some photos of my stuff. Don't worry guys. It's comin'. We may get our first snow event here in KS by MON. I am waiting with baited breath (fisherman joke, LOL) and plows are on and expecting white!!! (AND GREEN)JON:D

·
Registered
309 Posts
bossfan said:
GREENQuestLAWN, Nice pics!! Are you using a rear-mounted pull plow at the same time as you are using the BOSS in the front? Just curious! ;) Jon
Yup sure am. I would be lost without my rear plow.;)

Heres a pic of the rear plow in action. I have a video as well, over the years people have asked to see it in action, I just have not uploaded it to my web site yet.;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
GreenQuest, beautiful truck and plow set-up! Is that a 250 or 350?? Diesel or gas? Got anymore pictures lying around? LOL! Mike :shades

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
backplows

Backplows really have there use .I too can't imagine not having one . Does that backplow design have a trip edge?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Re: backplows

BWhite said:
Backplows really have there use .I too can't imagine not having one . Does that backplow design have a trip edge?
No trip edge on that rear plow, seems even with down pressure it will still hop up over things if it needs to. I have a urethane edge on it now so that helps.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey I was just about to post a link to the videos, I just got them uploaded. There are two, one larger, longer and has cool effects and music:rolleyes: LOL I had to spice it up a bit.

The other is small, perfect for anyone who still has dial up.

Well I tried to link it in the post but for some reason it did not work.

Heres the link to the page, just scroll down to the bottom and you will see both videos.

http://www.greenquest.net/greenquestnew_004.htm

·
Registered
445 Posts
Green Quest nice pics and the video was great...I might have to look into one of those back blades very cool:cool:

·
Registered
55 Posts
The company I work for has backblades on all our trucks except the truck with a sander on the back.. I think we're lookin at a modified backblade for that one as well though. It's amazing how much more a backblade will pick up on that first pass..

If you noticed on the video on GreenQuest's page, the back blade cuts right down to the bare pavement.

The only thing we do different is use the front Boss blade while we're pulling with the back blade too.. Even on driveways or parking lots, the back blade will always scrape more snow and it also picks up trails left behind by the front blade when in a turn..

I've thought about buying my own truck for next season, just the expense of a backblade is slowin me down quite a bit.. May have to suffer a season or two with just a front..

Paul Jordan
Anchorage, AK

1 - 18 of 18 Posts