Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had done a 2 inch lift on my jeep and knew how to remove the coils so I took the time yesterday to install my Timbrens. My local dealer was $70 cheaper than another dealer so I scooped them up quick. What a huge difference!!! I would recommend these to anyone.

Thank you to Wyldman for the info on the site.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
I love my Timbrens too :grinz Now I need a set in the rear to offset the sag from my ballast. One question for the experts ..... do Timbrens wear out as quick as shocks - struts or do they pretty much last for the life of the vehicle?

-Henri

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What was also great was the fact that they are made here in Ontario so the price for me wasn't bad and it only took me an hour to put in.:D

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
hbrady,
No expert here, but I replaced my Timbrens before last season because they were worn out. That set was originally installed in 98 or 99. So I would say they don't last forever, but they are certainly worth the effort & cost.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I installed Timbrens in my Dakota this year and it's a big thumbs up from me. I carry a 7' fisher and it's a big plow for this truck and last year the truck knew it was heavy. This year it's a different truck. It was well worth every penny I spent on them.

·
GO GO Gadget Plow!
1,380 Posts
I also just replaced the timbrens on my 98 chevy K 3500. The original ones where starting to split in one area, they were also compacting some. The truck now rides about 1.5" taller with the new units.
Dino

·
Registered
609 Posts
they have a lifetime guarantee, you need the timbrens that failed, your proof of purchase and you should be good to go

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
There is a lifetime guarantee,so justreturn them.

The GM IFS systems are about the only ones that will actually wear out,or split,as they are really squashed in there at an angle.The GM's also compress the Timbren a fair bit,even at normal ride height.

·
Registered
979 Posts
wyldman said:
The GM IFS systems are about the only ones that will actually wear out,or split,as they are really squashed in there at an angle.The GM's also compress the Timbren a fair bit,even at normal ride height.
I agree with Wyldman - I just installed a set of Timbrens on my Chevy 2500HD today and I noticed that they are somewhat slighly squashed at an angle. I thought that it would be unusual, but it sound like that is the way it is supposed to be. At least it have a lifetime warranty so if my set of Timbrens should ever become defective, I can get them replaced at no charge. I also cranked up the torsions bars a few turns and it do helps too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts