Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new wings tonite, found them in a local swap magazine. Guy was asking 90 for them, offered 60, settled at 75. Pretty good deal for brand new wings. Started putting them on. Only issue i'm having so far is at the bottom of the Boss plow, the rib on the bottom, I dont like the way the bolts are sitting, so I think I will weld the bottom brackets on. I have them on a straight Boss 7'6", are you guys having to modify the rubber to go aroung to cutting edge?

·
Registered
96 Posts
you'll enjoy your wings, I would hesitate on welding them on though. they have a tendancy to bend from abuse (intentional or not) and really should be setup to be removable.

I had a buddy weld angled steel over the top of the rubber, it keeps the snow from getting behind and putting stress on the bolt, I had the same rubber on mine for 3 years!

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
I don't have any pics. But We drilled 2 more holes per side and bolted the rubber 2 more places. Then we bolted through a piece of 1/4" strapping metal and then through the rubber & then thruough the metal wing. My 2 cents are that buyers should have done that from the factory from having the bolts pull through the rubber.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I gotta figure out a better setup with my wings, bent one pretty good today and I put a plate over the rubber but its still bending back, so I may have to add some bolts also and maybe some reinforcement plates to the back of the wing to prevent it from bending again.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Geo, no i couldn't see spending $400+ on turkey wings right now. And going back to last year's record...I only had plowable snows about 10 times, and with this stupid economy, i know i probably won't be doing too many residential driveways this year.

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Travel & Bar Consultant
2,029 Posts
True........BUT them kind of wings sure are cheezy and still cost
better than $200 bucks plus from all the posts I read you gotta
mod, add or generally screw around with them from the get-go!

But I didn't need to get wider............Just needed a box type set
up to clear those bank drive thru lanes in one pass and be able to
push the snow out back and outta the way.................

Good luck with them and hope you get plenty of snow to play
........err plow with!..........geo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts