Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out cleaning up the truck , I was using Stoners Invisible Glass Cleaner and figured I would mention how well it works .

·
Banned
1,659 Posts
I use the commercial kind in an aerosol can(can't remember the brand name), and newspaper. no streaks. newspaper is the way to go. dries it better without streaking like paper towels sometimes do.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Not trying to hijack your post, but I've been forgetting to tell about this little jewel.

Running in the slop as much as we do it's a constant battle to keep side windows and mirrors clean. I found these gadgets at WalMart and they are an answered prayer. The handle is a fluid reservoir with a built in pump sprayer. The head has a plastic mesh scrubber and a squeegee. I keep Rain-X deicer fluid in mine so it tends to leave a coat of Rain-X on the glass which helps the muck bead up a little. The squeege is small enough to fit on the big GM mirrors. When the white film gets too bad to see through a few squirts and a scrub cleans them off nicely.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good idea Alan . I know the rainex solution keeps the snow from sticking to the glass .....a PITA

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ya the best stuff is the aerosol stuff for cleanign windshields before installing them. I work at a collision repair place so i know..:p lol we use windex tho as aerosol costs much more. Not actual windex but window cleaner, can't use windex because it has chemials that's not suppose to be around because of painting vehicles.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have better luck with aerosol type cleaners compared to the liquid spray cleaners. Bon-ami works well and I have also used GM's glass cleaner from the dealer that works good, it also makes the rain bead away and lasts a fair amount of time.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I use castle brand aerosol window cleaner its about the best ive come across and it leaves the windows so clean usually that you almost think there not there

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
dapgar said:
I use the commercial kind in an aerosol can(can't remember the brand name), and newspaper. no streaks. newspaper is the way to go. dries it better without streaking like paper towels sometimes do.
I never tried newspaper but I keep hearing how good it is!

·
Registered
209 Posts
When I was young (back when they had stones for wheels) my Dad always told me about newspaper being the best for cleaning windows. I had forgotten about it until I read this post. He always said vinnegar and water dried with newspaper was the way to go.

I lost my Dad a couple of years ago so thanks for the fond memories.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Just an FYI, pretty much all of the aerosol glass cleaners are the same. There are about 3 (If I remeber correctly) chemical companies that make them and usually for a minimum order of 50 cases anybody can get their name printed on them.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe Chuck can offer "letsTalkSnow.com" glass cleaner ?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I use to use the stoners, still have some and will try with newspaper. but the wife bought windex wipes and they work good. alls you do is wipe no need for paper towels or anything.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
I do some detailing work on the side and I have used newspaper for years. I always use newspaper to clean only when the windows are cool and not in the hot sunlight with the newsprint.

Stoner Window cleaner works great to breakdown and release bugs and grime on the windows. It also works great as a multipurpose cleaner. Most Napa stores have it by the case as well as that store called Restoration Hardware or order it direct.

Jay

·
Registered
279 Posts
I use hot water and a microfiber cloth, and another dry microfiber cloth to dry it off. I stays cleaner longer and there are other benefits to using a microfiber cloth, your hands will be absolutely clean when your done with out using any harsh chemicals. The reason the windows stay cleaner longer is that there's is no chemical left behind to attract dirt. They work great on just about anything. I found the cloths at Sams club 18 pcs for 9 bucks. Give them a try you will not be sorry....Rob

Heres an article on them:
http://www.bluewonder.net/showpage.php?article_id=6

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Sprayway products rule for cleaning glass.My father is in the commercial glass business,and that's all they (and most others) use.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts