Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am buying a new 2013 chevy 3500HD 4x4 dump truck with a gas 6.0. It is a short wheel base truck. I would like to put a V-plow on it and I am looking for advice on size and brand. I have always run western uni-mounts on everything else I own so I can switch trucks with plows has been great!! I have a western wide-out for my wife on her truck, so being able to switch plows is a good thing. I am looking at a MVP3 v-blade 9 1/2' in poly. I run mostly paved areas but my big lot has some asphalt screenings areas as well (About 2 acres worth). Will the screenings mess with any of the pivots in the V?? Do I run a boss V, or a stainless snow dogg V ??? You all have very interesting views on alot of this so any advice is great!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Since you seem to have a fleet of Western, a case can be made for either a V or a wideout. That said, a case can also be made for Boss and for Blizzard.

Call Jerre for his thoughts.m814-881-4093

·
Registered
832 Posts
I would have to say that if your "already" running a Western Wideout on your wifes truck and you want to be able to "switch" plows to either truck then go with a Western Vee.
The nice part of Western's Fleet Flex operating system is that you "can" operate either plow with either truck..
Good luck with your new truck.
:rolleyes: John...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Keep them the same. As you stated being able to switch plows and trucks can be very important in a storm! Soon all westerns will be switchable straight and v and wideout.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts