Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried these tools? One of the "discount" tool shops carries them. Ironic, because these are not cheap. Same warranty as the good brands. I've been looking at them for a year or better, and asking how they are holding up. Good reviews from the shop owner. I have a couple of 3/4 drive sockets, only used them a couple times. They appear to be pretty well made. The (six point) sockets have a pretty deep fillet at each vee. I presume this relieves stress, and improves bite on the sides of the bolt/nut.

I bought a ratchet today. I can't find a good pic of it on their website, unfortunately. It's what I would describe as a ball/swivel head. It's not a flex head. The head swivels probably 240 degrees. You can go from 90 degree "normal" ratchet operation smoothly to an inline spinner handle. My father has an old SK ratchet like it, probably 40 years old. Always wanted one.

Here's their website, it's not great.

http://www.geniustools.net/index.aspx

·
Registered
940 Posts
I've never heard of them either. Hows their pricing compared to Craftsman? I am looking to pick up a torque wrench here in the next couple months, but can't stand to pay close to $200.00 for a Craftsman one.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pricing seems similar, maybe slightly less than Craftsmen. Didn't pay close attention to the torque wrenches.

I purchased one of the $80 ($60 on sale) Craftsmen torque wrenches last year. Works very nice, probably adequate for what most of us are doing.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Just a heads up from there website.

All products are manufactured in Taiwan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts