Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember reading on the "other" site a while back about a brake pedal sensor going bad. Is this a through away and replace part or is it something that you can tinker with to get working again?
Any other ideas why my brake lights don't work? Both the blinkers, running, and reverse lights work fine.
Nice to have some time to mess with the pickup, too bad I ran out of daylight... guess that's what tomorrow is for..

thanks..

-e

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Stoplight switch its called. No, you cant mess with it to get it to work again, just replace it. What year truck and all is this? Mike :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
make sure you have power going into the brake light switch, if you do you can run a jumper wire across the plug and see if the brake lights work, they are pretty simple to change and you want to adjust it so the plunger comes out when you push the pedal, you can watch it and get it adjusted easily

·
GO GO Gadget Plow!
1,380 Posts
Check the large fuse under the hood for brake lights. I had that fuse blow on my 98,the fuse in the box in the cab was still good, but the oversize large bus fuse under the hood had blown.
Dino

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all of the input..

The truck is a 94 k1500.

After reading the posts I'm thinking there might not be power to the switch. The previous owner butchered some of the wiring to get power to a disc changer that's under the seat.
As far as I know there aren't any fuses under the hood, but I'll double check.
Hopefully the local parts store has the the switch in stock..

Thanks guys..

-e

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brake light switch was the culprit... thanks for the info..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts