Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my 78 k10 my fuse box has a slot that has IGN. above it ,there is no wire connected to this slot could this be my problem to no fire to the coil?

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
No.That is just a spot for adding accessories to the fuse box.

Do you have power to the dist cap on the Batt terminal ? start there,and we can work through the diagnosis.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
To answer the other question in your previous thread,there should only be two wires on that junction block on the firewall.One to the alt,and one to the starter.Maybe someone had added something at one time,and then just cut the wire when they removed it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so the junction block is not an issue,i checked for power to the batt side of the coil with a multimeter and got nothing,this could be that i didnt hook the multimeter up right or there probably is no power to the coil!does the ignition switch send power to the coil?theres one brown wire that goes to the fuse block which is the BATT wire and a black wire to the TACH side and that goes to the firewall which i guess is ground!

thanks

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
The Brown wire may be the tach wire.

The Batt wire is fed through the ignition switch,and will be hot with it in the run position.It should be pink though,or even red or orange.

Maybe you have the wires on wrong ? Find the hot wire with the key on,and connect it to the Batt terminal on the cap (rear one),and it should fire.

The other wire that goes through the firewall should be the tach wire.Some are brown,some are white,or even green.Leave it diconnected and see if it starts.Maybe it's grounded,which would prevent it from running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts