Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a '96 Chevy 3500 with a 6.5TD. Yesterday turning onto a road it died and wouldn't start. Had it hauled to the dealer. Got a call today that it appears to have been the cross-over pump from rear to front tank. The front tank was real low and it must have let air in the system when I went around the turn.

Question - should the pump be covered under the extended warranty? They're saying only the injectors are covered. Second, could this be from anything I had done? Is there anything I can do to keep it from happening again. This happened last winter. But I thought it'd been covered under warranty then. I had a bunch of other stuff done at the same time, so don't really remember what was covered.

I need some snow to make some money to pay for this stuff.:mad: So far, all I've done is put a bunch of money into both trucks getting ready for the season that isn't happening. I even retired so I could expand.:confused:

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
**** I think it should be covered under your extened coverage .But the dealer might not see it the same way that we do.

·
GO GO Gadget Plow!
1,380 Posts
**** call me 860-608-1842
I have all the details anybody would ever need. I just went through the same thing with a local dealer who wanted 5K to fix my truck, another dealer did it for 0.00
From what I have learned, any injection related component is covered by the 11 yr 120000 mile warranty.
Dino

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Dino. Enjoyed talking to you.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The lift pump is not covered under the extended warranty.....just the injection pump and FSD......However, if it was replaced before by GM and you payed for it, it should be covered under a lifetime Goodwrench warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts