Banned
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So where do I find them?

I have a Blizzard 810 coming.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Your local dealer should be able to order them for you.You want a 047\048 combo with that plow.The Chrysler OEM springs are the only ones that seem to hold up well,and are consistent in their spring rates.

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
What will the new springs do for the front end weight capacity and what does the 810 weigh in at? I'm running a 8'6" MVP and I'm at the max if not over it. :confused:

·
Registered
167 Posts
they wont increase your wieght cap. just help carry the plow better!

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Nope,the 2500 and 3500 front ends are the same.4850 FAWR for the older ones,and 5200 FAWR for the newer ones.The 3500 will have a higher GVWR.

The springs won't legally increase the load carrying capacity,but they will increase it some,and help it deal with the weight of a heavy blade.

·
Registered
54 Posts
looking at my springs, the pass side is labeled 39, no label on drivers side, can anyone help me find out what spring is on the drivers side, and is the 47/48 spring combo the common spring upgrade for the 2500's to carry the weight. oh, and the 47 is the pass side right?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
yes the 47 is for the pass side and the 47/48 combo would work great for the weight of the cummings and the plow...

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
It would depend on the plow as to what springs you choose.

If it's a lightweight plow,or a smaller plow,like a 7.5 or 8 ft,then a 46/47 combo would probably suffice,and give a better ride unloaded.

If you have a bigger plow,or a V-blade or Blizzard,the I recommend the 047/048.

You should still run Timbrens no matter what springs your running to help with the extra loads when stacking.

·
Registered
54 Posts
can i put the 47/48 springs in for a heaver plow even though it will prob be a meyer. and any clue what drivers side spring # i have if the pass side is a 39?

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
You can put the heavier springs in,it will just ride a little stiffer overall.Too much spring never hurts. :D

Your truck probably has a 046 drivers side spring,most likely part of the AHD plow prep package.Most of the plow prep diesel had the 039\046 combo.The stiffer drivers side spring is to offset the extra weight of the steering box,diff,driver,fuel tank,etc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
cool thanks for the info...

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm running the 039/038 Combo now and I'd like to increase my front end capicity too. I was thinking 047/046 Any thoughts? I have an 8'6" MVP and the Cummins motor

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I tried to get these at a Dodge dealer, anyone know the part numbers?

Or a direct place I can find them on the internet? I mean right to them, I cou'dn't find them in the link above.

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lawngodfather said:
I tried to get these at a Dodge dealer, anyone know the part numbers?

Or a direct place I can find them on the internet? I mean right to them, I cou'dn't find them in the link above.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Part #'S

The part numbers for the 047/048 combo are: 52039048 and 52039047. The last the numbers are the spings Id. I purchased mine from one of the local dealers on 12/05/03 and paid $202.73 with a Chrysler discount. Whithout would have run me $270.30 accourding to my invoice. The new coils worked out great. :D
Chris helped me, he talk me in to them:canada
Hope those Numbers help you out...

Scott

·
Registered
357 Posts
Are the front springs the same for the 3rd Generation and 2nd Generation? Because those part numbers above are for 2nd Generation (94-02)

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Crimedog said:
Are the front springs the same for the 3rd Generation and 2nd Generation? Because those part numbers above are for 2nd Generation (94-02)
Took numbers to dealer, I got this very same answer.

I would get them, but I cannot return them, so I wanna make sure I get the right ones the first time.

Part numbers for springs for an '04 is what I need or will these fit mine?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts