Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope somone can help me with this.... I bought two axles without thinking twice. I thought it was a bargain but now i am not to sure. The front axle is the 8,5" 10 bolt and the rear is the 9,5" 14 bolt. They have 8 lugs. Can I fit them on my 89 F/S Blazer? They came from a dieselpickup. It looks as the brakedrum is to deep and the width is wider than the original axle. Could it be that the rear axle is made for twin wheels? I need help with measures and maybe pictures/drawings or litterature.
I know you good people out there is the best source for this and I`m sure you will help me so I will have my rig running before summer.
Please excuse any incorrect English since it`s not my native tounge.
Many greetings from Stockholm, Sweden, Europe

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
The front axle will bolt in no trouble, the rear will not. You need the spring hangers from the truck the axle came from or have someone reweld the spring perce to the width you need. I have swapped in 1 ton axles on a few 1/2 ton GM's , one being a Blazer. The brakes are larger requiring the larger drums. I don't have a 9.5 axle to measure from to help you out but measure the stock axle and the new to you axle and compare them, they should be close. I think the 14b will be 2 inches wider

·
Registered
73 Posts
Make sure first of all both axles have the same ratio ring and pinion, because if they are tring to turn at different rates, you're gonna have one heck of a busted transfer case!!:D

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Wow ,the first European member ? Welcome! . I agree the axle ratios must all match

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help, you provided me with some useful information.
The ratio I have already checked to be 4,10:1 since that was the reason I bought them.
I wanted to change to larger tires but wanted to keep performance.
Thanks again for the help,
Per Oskarsson Stockholm Sweden Europe:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts