Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up.

This is for anyone who has a USDOT number. There is a DOT scam letter that could come to you in the form of a fax.

It will state that the U.S. Department of Transportation has you currently registered as a prospective contractor for procurements but that their records show that you have not submitted your financial release form.

The letter as well as the release form will have the USDOT letter head (slightly altered) at the top of the letter as well as the older outdated address of the DOT Washington D.C. office.

With this faxed letter they also send a form asking for everything from your operating bank name and account number as well as your tax ID number, signing officer info, and full signature.

THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM!!

As soon as I received this fax I contacted the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (F.M.C.S.A) and questioned their representative about the info being requested by the fax I received. At first the rep that I spoke to wasn't familiar with this financial info request. I had to fax everything that I received over to their office. Once they saw the fax they called me back and filled me in on this scam operation.

Anyone who receives a fax like the one I described should contact the DOT Office of Inspector General by calling (800) 424-9071. They will ask you to fax the fraudulant info that you received to their fax hotline (540) 373-2090.

Jake

1 - 1 of 1 Posts