Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1995 - 2000 Toyota Tacoma ownes READ
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted March 16, 2008 07:37 PM Toyota has just started a program to inspect the frames for rot through.There has been a few hundred cases. If you live in the snow belt or near the ocean have them inspected.... I looked at one last week , it failed, it had 196,000 miles on it. What will Toyota do ?........... they take the Kelly blue book and figure the MAX value (it does not matter if the truck is a piece of crap or in great condition ) then they multiply that by 1.5 ( in other words if the book value is $10,000 you will get a check for $15,000) then if you buy another Toyota truck they will give you another check for $1,000 , if you buy a Toyota car you get a check for $500. You will be put into a rental car (Toyota will pay for the rental) You will STRONGLY be told you can not take the truck , take the rental its safer... The expected time it will take is about 30 days.
Guess they are trying to save a class action suit and making them look like heros.....

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
LOL, Toyota and frame rot.....................That's been a common thing on TOYS since they began importing them. Don't know how many rear rail frames we've done over the years.

J

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
Have to hand it to them, though, you won't see the Big 3 doing anything like that to save a customer. They'd just tell you "you're screwed and shove it up your _____. "

Just look at GM and the frame failures they have and their response.

·
Registered
940 Posts
who/what is your source on this. If thats the case I will buy up every single taco around and sell them back to toyota for profit.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Have to hand it to them, though, you won't see the Big 3 doing anything like that to save a customer. They'd just tell you "you're screwed and shove it up your _____. "

Just look at GM and the frame failures they have and their response.
LOL Tell us how you really feel Mark !

·
Registered
940 Posts
wonder if there is any hope of a buyout for the prev. generation too? Hell my truck is only a year older and the rust is spreading crazy fast. Even FF can't keep it at bay.

·
Registered
940 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
We're 6 for 6.
6 inspections and 6 rotted frames. Trucks look pretty darn good otherwise.

One bought a new truck this afternoon.

good timing since some inspection stickers were due next month.
Customers are happy to say the least.

·
Banned
3,450 Posts
It's a whole new kind of incentive program! I mean, I knew toyoyo's sales were slumping, but sheesh! :greenange

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Well I think they droped the ball big time after the fact they may do this and that but it should of been right from the begining.and not to catch it for that amount of time well...

So your truck is all paid off who wants to have them purchase it at the given rate for that year then have to go buy another and start all over again unless you like a new truck every so many years.

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
Guess I should have taken pics of my Dodge frame on the Midland Special. Looked worse than that one, and it had been undercoated.

Still say you have to hand it to Toyo, at least they know how to treat their customers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
For the record;

Dealer Communication Letter (From Toyota Corp to all Dealers)
http://www.showstop.org/images/truck/rust_warranty/dealer-communication.pdf

Warranty Policy Bulletin #POL08-03 (Details about what is covered and VIN ranges)
http://www.showstop.org/images/truck/rust_warranty/warranty-policy.pdf

Vehicle Inspection Procedure
http://www.showstop.org/images/truck/rust_warranty/vehicle-inspection.pdf

and with that said...

I signed my truck over to ISG last weekend, handed them my title and they slid the $15,274.50 check across the table to me...

My truck was a 1999 Tacoma X-Cab 2.7L 4x4 Auto w/177,000 miles, not a single body panel left undented, leaking tranny/t-case seals, busted cv-boots, and a cracked head after 6 winters of pushing my 6.5' Fisher blade... Since I could not drive it because I was in the middle of a head rebuild, I had it towed to the dealer on March 24th...

Since my daily driver Tacoma is now officially gone it was replaced with the Z28 below that Toyota paid for...

2002 LS1 powered Z28 w/35,000 miles traded in by the original owners who could no longer get in and out of it because they were 80 years old...

I still needed a truck, since camper towing, hauling tools and the 2x4/plywood transport capabilites suck with a Camaro, I purchased this SD two days ago for $17,500...

2001 F350 4x4 XLT Lariat, 7.3 Liter PSD, Auto, Manual hubs/t-case

1 - 16 of 16 Posts