Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my first year plowing my own personal properties from the inside of a vehicle. in the past i have froze to death using a four wheeler. this past summer i decded to put plow on 4x4 01 nissan. i chose a snowbear plow it seems to work pretty good. i have allready had three good dumps here in new mexico. i see lots of pics of fords and chevys they are all very nice but is anyone using small imports for commercial plowing? what are some advantages and disadvantages? thanks... i hope all of you guys that make a living doing this have as much fun as i do doing it to save a couple bucks...john

·
Registered
382 Posts
I plow with a 1995 Toyota pick-up. The small rigs are better in tight spaces and driveways. The smaller the blade the more time it takes to do a larger area. This is my first year with this truck so I will see how it handles pushing or stacking snow. I have seen similiar trucks out pushing wet heavy snow without a problem so I am not concerned. Happy Plowing!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
The small trucks work fine for personal use, and small residencial
property's. If you get some wet heavy snow put it in 4x4 low and take your time. Have fun!
T

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
small trucks work good in small areas... the downside is if you have a big area it'll just take longer...

·
Registered
147 Posts
woofsplow,
Thats the same exact salter that i bought last year out of the northern catalog.
Very first night i used it i ripped the motor off it going into a driveway that slopes up to the garage from the street.:headwall
Atleast it was the last one of the night.
Cost me $150 to replace the motor.
When i reinstalled it i put it up higher( northern had a double receiver that they were selling and i left the ball in the lower one to act as a guard and installed it in the upper one.

Dan

·
Registered
382 Posts
I do have the same concerns - I may try to make a cage around the motor. I will post pictures if I can do this weekend. Thanks for the heads-up. What's your thoughts on the unit? The problem I see with it is it throughs the salt too far, let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts