Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a snow plow that is currently mounted on a 78 F150 4x4 will FIT on a 88 Bronco or F150 ??:huh

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator
4,902 Posts
Welcome to LetsTalkSnow.com!!:drinkup

The frames changed in 1980, so no, it won't be a bolt on. The frames went unchanged pretty much from 1980 to 1997 so anything from these trucks will give you push plates. There were changes during this period in the bumper mounts so you might have to do some modifying in that area between trucks.

I moved this thread to the Ford Trucks forum for better placement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pelican said:
The frames changed in 1980, so no, it won't be a bolt on. The frames went unchanged pretty much from 1980 to 1997 so anything from these trucks will give you push plates. There were changes during this period in the bumper mounts so you might have to do some modifying in that area between trucks.
Could this plow frame be made to work on a 89 F250 ??

Also, is there a Chart/Guide available out here on the Net that shows what plow frames will work on certain vehiles ??

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator
4,902 Posts
The shape of the frames were identical through the F series for the period I specified, so you'd face the same modifications for an F-150 through F-350. I've never had an earlier Ford to compare to to see how close or how far apart they are. Anything can be done, it just depends on how much time and money you want to spend. I'd think economically speaking, you'd be better off trying to find a plow from the proper series truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pelican said:
The shape of the frames were identical through the F series for the period I specified, so you'd face the same modifications for an F-150 through F-350.
What modifications would those be ??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Katmandu said:
What modifications would those be ??
I answered you on that 'other' site, but I like this one better so I'll do it again here :)

The frame on the 78 is straight after it goes over the axel, the 90s 'Y's out after it goes over the axel to better cradle the motor. The mount from the 78 that would normally go over the frame ends now sits between them.

If you have the time and tools it's not that hard - it took me about a day (10 hrs) to do that exact mod.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts