Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent seen this mentioned yet. And since some of you guys are really fond of what the DOT has been doing latley, i thought i would give you a heads up of the latest and greatest thing coming your way!

Basically what they are going to be doing is rating the company and driver on their past record from the last 3 years. Ratings are nothing new with the DOT. But, a poor rating for the company can have your numbers pulled and a poor rating for a driver can have their CDL pulled along with keep you from hiring a driver with a poor rating. Anything from being involved in a accident that wasnt your fault, any type of traffic violation (wheter you recived a ticket or not), inspections, driver fatigue, load securement and roadside inspections to name most of them will affect the company and driver.

I have included a link with the basics of what is going to be coming and will add more as i find them.

http://www.csa2010.com/

I have been following this in several trade publications for the trucking industry. And even though it will help to remove bad drivers, good drivers will be penialized for things that were not their fault.

Read up and if you have any questions go ahead and post them and i will try and answer them as best i can along with other links.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks for the heads up and imfo. crash 935 !
It's beginning to get really tough here in IL. the states really needing revenue and it shows, unfortunetly every body is going to be paying the tab for this in one way or another. My company has a really clean record and safety always comes first, All that drive for me in the larger trucks have good clean records also, now I'm hoping more than ever that it stays that way. Or I may have to get rid of the larger equipment.:popcorn2

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - SPONSOR
2,184 Posts
Hey Crash
I know what you are saying bud. This initiative is going to give another fit to the industry. Imagine insurance rates when the insurance companies start using this to set insurance prices for the drivers. a guy has an accident with no fault of his own BUT the new system does not catagorize them they just record accidents. What a Joke. Our tax dollars hard at work. I thought the idea was to put more people to work, not to take work away from people

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator
4,902 Posts
Between the DOT and EPA, the trucking industry is going to take a hit I'm not sure it can survive. This is going to cost big, and it will eventually have to trickle down to the consumer.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Steve you just said the magic word the consumer . we all will be paying for it in the end weather it be food cloths or fuel to heat your house anything that need to be deliver and cost them more will cost us. There are alot of jokers out there that should not be driving but i gues this is how they enact something with out doing any work to make it right and make it work.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well personally I don't think this csa 2010 will survive, just think how many drivers the big companies will loose.

Schneider has 10,000 drivers or there about, 5% would be 500, it would be the equivalent of loosing a few whole terminals.

When the big carriers start screaming, the DOT will back down, so will the useless ATA.

It has already been put on hold till 2011, was supposed to be ready now.

Ohio DOT has been on the warpath with hazmat carriers, higher fines for hazmat, and Ohio needs the $$$$

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im already not likeing the points system.

Got stopped in Grass Lake for a tail light out. Was just after a bunch of heavy snow and the snow kept building up on the wires and unplugging the light. I kept plugging it back in when i noticed it had came unplugged. It was a nice dry and clear night but the multiple unpluggings and good ol rough 94 must have knocked it lose because it was working a houra nd half before that when i did my pretrip. I got it for in op tail light, in op turn signal and in op stop lamp, along with her finding that the vin on the inspection report didnt match, everything else matched. So it was 6 points each for the light and 4 for operating without a vehical inspection for a total of 21 points.

So i get hit for 21 points in one stop yet get nothing for the 3 full blown inspections that i passed in the last 3 years. Somethings not right with that!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yeah, it sucks, used to be if you plugged it back in the cop gave you a break, I guess those days are gone forever now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts