Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2013? Meyer 8.5 sv2... I want to change the fluid but I can’t find Meyer fluid anywhere close... the local store does have coastal aw 32 in the store.... will that be ok?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The truck I just purchased had The Meyer on it.... but it’s been sitting for 4-5 years.... I also think that the 20 pin connector is bad on the truck side... looks a little melted... can’t get it to work... I hear clinking from the solenoid’s when I hit the buttons but the motor is not running, and then when I try to make the connection tighter by hand the motor will run and move some of the functions a little. Trouble shooting is hard when I’m not familiar with this stuff.

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
Ok

The solenoid clicks when you try to move the plow but the motor doesn’t run ?
But if you mess with the pos on the motor it runs or does it only run if you mess with it as
You try to move the plow with the controller?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it clicks but no motor noise.... then if I’m lucky after trying to get the 20pin hooked on better I can get it to move for a second. One of the pins on the truck side is pretty loose and the plow side female end looks a bit melted... sound like I’m gonna have to purchase both sides. Bummer!

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
Sounds like you found the issue

A short term fix you can use finishing nail as a pin. Then use wire ties to hold the plug together.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now I’ve found that the reservoir? The black tank park that I add fluid to has came off a bit on one side from the pump and leaking like a sieve. 🤦‍♂️.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like it also had happened before to the last owner as well... the bottom is all dented up from
Someone trying to hammer it back up in place...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello, I have a 2013? Meyer 8.5 sv2... I want to change the fluid but I can’t find Meyer fluid anywhere close... the local store does have coastal aw 32 in the store.... will that be ok?
That will work. You can also use transmission fluid in a pinch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts