where can i get a good set of mats
john

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
We had a post about this on the other site last year I believe. Someone might remember the brand that was quoted to be really good. I'm pretty sure that's what I bought, but maybe not. I just went to the local auto parts store with the biggest display rack & bought the most expensive ones for my trucks. Well worth the money compared to buying whatever I happened upon first in the past. Look for the ones that have lots of deep channels or grooves. I think the ones I bought advertised they hold up to a gallon or so of water & channel it toward the edge. Then you can just dump them out every once in a while during the storm if needed. They really made a big difference. I just checked and the name on one set says "Cannon".

·
Registered
447 Posts
The huskyliners are real nice. They do hold alot of water, then you can just dump them out. When you go to the carwash, take them out and spray them off. Nice concept.

·
Registered
719 Posts
There's one called pants savers, I think WalMart carries them, but look for one that's brags about keeping you pants dry, they should have deep ridges to hold the water, sometimes, especially this time of year when the snow is wet I'll empty my mat at less once during a plow trip. Without a good set of mats it will be June before your carpets dry out!

Bill

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I bought some from Canadian Tire here a local big hardware store chain and the mats have a special sponge in the center and groves around the side to hold or direct the water to that area in the center. They work awesome..

I'll get a pic and a name of them to see if you can get them there.

I keep the GM mat's under it.. Never can have to much protection right :)

I just jump in with my boots full of snow and it holds it all and i will drain it every so often. The huskys are $150 each side in truck stores here or on www.driverfx.com

·
Registered
71 Posts
monster mats are the ones that hold a gallon of water and many of your $ I think they are close to $100 depending on app. as suggestested above goto walmart they have the deep grooved mats that hold a lot of water slush etc are heavy and dont move
I think they were like $24. I have had them in my car (can we say car on here ?) for the last 55k and am very happy with them.

Dean

·
Registered
979 Posts
I have a pair of Catch-Alls floor mats. They are very nice mats because of the design and the carprt style & color match exactly the same as factory in my truck. It is a molded mats which would cover whatever it can and can hold alot of water. Awesome product. It is nice knowing that you can step in the truck with very dirty or soaked boots and know that it won't ruin your truck carpenting. Just have to remember to dump it out after the storm. Two weeks ago I didn't and found a frozen & icy floor the next morning.

Only problem I have seen is that there is always a small gap between the raised lip edge of the floor mat, and the truck plastic mold cover along the edge of door sill on the floor. Water seems to find a way through the gap as you enter or exit the truck. I am sure that similar things happens with other floor mats that members have. Not much you could do about it but give it a real good cleaning (remove the truck plastic mold cover on the floor to help make job easier) and let it dry out throughly in the spring.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts