Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st off I don't know if I am in the right section of the forum.

Hi I am a newbie to this. I bought a used Fisher Speedcast plow for home use only. I have been on Fishers site, but can't find anything on that version plow. I know the plow is old, but what I am looking for is a wiring harness and push plate mount for a 2007 Chevy Colorado. If anyone could steer me in the right direction it would be grately apprciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Does the plow have an underhood hydraulic pump by chance?
Could you possibly post up a picture of the setup you have.

·
Registered
290 Posts
1st off I don't know if I am in the right section of the forum.

Hi I am a newbie to this. I bought a used Fisher Speedcast plow for home use only. I have been on Fishers site, but can't find anything on that version plow. I know the plow is old, but what I am looking for is a wiring harness and push plate mount for a 2007 Chevy Colorado. If anyone could steer me in the right direction it would be grately apprciated.

Thanks
Hate to rain on your parade, but the pieces you want dont exist. That's why you cant find anything on them.

The wiring on the speedcast isnt compatible with any modern truck

"Pushplates" are the mounts for the minute mount style of hook up. The speedcast is the conventional style that is permanently attached to the truck. It's illegal for any truck after 96 and never existed for your 07 Colorado.

The speedcast plow used belt drive under hood hydraulics. Again, long obsolete by the time your truck was made and dont exist.

Some later speedcast plows did have electric push/pull cable operated pumps. I suppose if had one of those and didnt need lights, you be half way there but there would still be no way to adapt your truck to the mount.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the plow have an underhood hydraulic pump by chance?
Could you possibly post up a picture of the setup you have.
No, it is electric. I didn’t buy it yet but have seen it. The plow has the left and right pistons on the plow, and the complete pump is on another frame with the lights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hate to rain on your parade, but the pieces you want dont exist. That's why you cant find anything on them.

The wiring on the speedcast isnt compatible with any modern truck

"Pushplates" are the mounts for the minute mount style of hook up. The speedcast is the conventional style that is permanently attached to the truck. It's illegal for any truck after 96 and never existed for your 07 Colorado.

The speedcast plow used belt drive under hood hydraulics. Again, long obsolete by the time your truck was made and dont exist.

Some later speedcast plows did have electric push/pull cable operated pumps. I suppose if had one of those and didnt need lights, you be half way there but there would still be no way to adapt your truck to the mount.
Yes it is the later speed cast, the pump is on the frame that mounts to the truck.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yes it is the later speed cast, the pump is on the frame that mounts to the truck.
Then as said, there is no way to adapt it to your colorado. Short of completely fabricating a mount for your truck from the ground up.
And even that assumes you are ok with having the tower on your truck year round.

So if you didnt buy it yet, then don't. Keep looking.

·
Registered
290 Posts
In order to put something on that will actually work with your truck, you need to find a Minute mount 2 model

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Then as said, there is no way to adapt it to your colorado. Short of completely fabricating a mount for your truck from the ground up.
And even that assumes you are ok with having the tower on your truck year round.

So if you didnt buy it yet, then don't. Keep looking.
Thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
One more thing to keep in mind - even if you find a used MM2, if you need to buy all the vehicle pieces for your Colorado, you could be over $1800, not installed. So that "cheap" used plow just for your homeowner use can get very expensive.

If you see a used plow for "$400", it's not cheap because it's only for homeowner use. It's cheap because it's only worth its weight in scrap steel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts