Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here ever have one before? I am curious as to how they mount, do you need tools or is it some kind of quick attach hitch?

·
Site Founder
5,721 Posts
Scroll down to the bottom right on this page:

http://www.fisherplows.com/spacc.asp

PROTUBE™ BUMPER / GRILLE GUARD®

Attractive,"off-season" bumper/grille guard designed for use with either the FISHER® Minute Mount® or Minute Mount® 2 System pushplates. Easy 10 minute bolt-on installation and no drilling required. Powder coated or chrome plated.

FOG LAMPS NOT INCLUDED.

Hope it helps.

~Chuck

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scroll down to the bottom right on this page:

http://www.fisherplows.com/spacc.asp

PROTUBE™ BUMPER / GRILLE GUARD®

Attractive,"off-season" bumper/grille guard designed for use with either the FISHER® Minute Mount® or Minute Mount® 2 System pushplates. Easy 10 minute bolt-on installation and no drilling required. Powder coated or chrome plated.

FOG LAMPS NOT INCLUDED.

Hope it helps.

~Chuck

Thanks. I never noticed that there before.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
They are nice pieces for the summer!!! My plan initially was to fabricate a custom version of the pro tube for my truck but time has been tight lately so I just threw a set of removable D rings on there to dress things up a bit for the summer :)...

Jay

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am trying to find a convienent and attractive way to mount up some driving lights. I spend a fair amount of time driving in Moose country and want to improve my chances of seeing them earlier. I hit one last year that I chaulk up to the poor lighting on the truck. I was hoping the Pro-Tube would be an easier on-off so that I could still use it between events in the winter.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I am trying to find a convienent and attractive way to mount up some driving lights. I spend a fair amount of time driving in Moose country and want to improve my chances of seeing them earlier. I hit one last year that I chaulk up to the poor lighting on the truck. I was hoping the Pro-Tube would be an easier on-off so that I could still use it between events in the winter.
Have you looked @ the Randy Ellis bars? They may be slim enough to leave on with your setup.

·
Banned
3,450 Posts
Have you looked @ the Randy Ellis bars? They may be slim enough to leave on with your setup.
That's a neat setup, and reasonably priced too! Too bad it wont clear the Blizzard light tower. Maybe he'll custom make one that comes up high enough and I can eliminate the blizzard wobble-monster... Hmmmm

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think it'd clear the headgear.

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
DJ

I would use the Fisher bar maybe mount the lights on top not below like pictured, another option would be to modify the fisher bar since you can use its mounting system with your plow mount and make tube exten to raise it a bit more from the pics the Fisher bar looks to run to low for what you want , would be easy to cut even exhust pipe and have a shop run the expander to get the inserts to your desired hieght.

Personally i think its a neat concept using the push beam during the offseason. For me Warn has produced most of the bars we install on cust trucks and even my wrangler but my preferance would be to beable to use plow mount in a pick up app.

·
Registered
75 Posts
We have sold a couple. two bolts and say 5 minutes and the pro tube can be put on or taken off. Another option you may consider is that fisher has skid plates that basically fill in the rest of the frame plate so that you truck wont dig into the ground, it will slide. They run around $75 a pair.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have sold a couple. two bolts and say 5 minutes and the pro tube can be put on or taken off. Another option you may consider is that fisher has skid plates that basically fill in the rest of the frame plate so that you truck wont dig into the ground, it will slide. They run around $75 a pair.
expand...
Sir i am interested in purchasing a pro tube. If you have info can you send to my email [email protected] please?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts