Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night we hit a curb and the two bolts holding up the push beam sheared off.I got the new bots but cant get the push beam to fit in.Do i have to loosen the push plate on one side in order to get it in?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Without knowing what year and truck its hard to say, but more than likely you will have to loosen some things up to get everything lined back up. Make sure you check and retighten all bolts.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Take a good look at everything while you're under there- look for cracks that might have been caused by the hit- things are designed to give before the tuck or frame- so you might have some more damage that isn't obvious without a closer inspection. Now is the time to find it so that you don't find it at 3am when something else lets go in the middle of a major storm.

Good luck, and let us knwo how you make out and what you find!!

Bill

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
With a hit like that im sure the other bolts on the pushbeam got stressed pretty good you might want to change them all out just to be safe and save ya from having one of the other ones fail easier due to the stress that they already took... also i would examine the mount to make sure its not bent anywhere... sometimes if you losen things up a little bit it will go a little easier... also i would take a good look at all your welds to make sure you dont have any that are cracked...

·
Registered
905 Posts
Question,just so i'm on the same page here:p Push beam or Push plate?2 different things,push plate is mounted on the truck,push beam is bolted to the A-frame bot they should have 4 bolts,you only mention 2.
The push beam is typically a tight fit between the A-frame right from the factory and everyone i put together put up a fight so you may need to help it,there's nothing to loosen to help with the fit if we are talking about the push beam.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im not sure if its the push beam or not. Its the piece that the plow a frame attaches to under the truck and mounts to the push plate.As far as i could see there is only two bolts one on each side.The bolts were old and when i hit the storm drain they sheared right off.I didnt notice any other damage but i will look harder tomarrow.With two other people and a lot of cussing we finally got everything to fit back in place..(after about 4 hours of working on it)We also had to replace a hose line and fitting that got torn off from the hit.Its now 2:08 am monday and im glad to say i finally got all my accounts finished. btw the truck is a 1990 f250.

·
Registered
121 Posts
In the future these two bolts are considered normal maint. You should check these bolts every year before the season begins. If they looked stretched replace them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts