Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Isolation moudeal have anything to do with power to the control if it were bad ? Plow worked when put away last spring. Have cleaned all connections and checked fuses. Not getting any power to any pins on control plug. Can you help, is snowing and i am stuck!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Its a three plug? The plow has to be hooked up to complete the circuits. Did you check all the fuses? Check your grounds and clean the battery connections.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes three plug Plow is hooked up and all fuses and connections cleaned and greased .
Wonder if the module for lights would have anything to do with no power to control?
Have cleaned the pins in the plugs and wonder if something could be lose and not getting connection inside the plug itself, if that would cause no power to the control and lights .
Lights do not come on ether :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have checked all grounds and contact several times !!
I question if anyone knows if the isolation module may stop power to the control, and what does the module do.
I would also wonder if the large plug in with several pins were compromised within the rubber cover by corrosion or any pulling on it has been a problem for anyone ?
This plow did work when put up last spring. Truck is not run a lot but the plug in,s on truck have no covers and now i am thinking maybe spraying plug contacts with contact cleaner may not be cutting it. Is ther a brush or tool that will scrape clean down in those small ports? I am really stuck on this the harness plugs may be the whole problem they are the only connections i am not 100% sure of, that and the isolation module :(

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yes the module controls power to the controller.
The module sees a ground when you plug in the grill plugs, then it turns on the controller.
I would get the wiring diagrams and start looking for missing voltage.
Did you do anything to the truck or plow over the summer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No nothing and the truck is not used that much.
Did pressure wash motor and interior but all the plug ins are clean and dry on the module
So my question is it often the module may go bad just setting and is there a way to test it?
God missing voltage where would you start , i call it the 4 corners wiring harness and when they cross the 4 corners where and hell do they go ! Tried looking at couplers for color code and who knows where it all goes before it gets to control?
Seems like it could be something very simple and that someone must have found some sneaky simple problem.
I am still wondering if anyone ever had failure in the plug ins between the plow and truck, NOT DIRTY CONTACTS i have addressed that!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Start at the headlight plugs and work your way back to the module.
The wires are labeled as the what they are.
You can also get the diagrams on the website., and the test light for power and ground going into module.

You did check all.4 plow fuses correct

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes have checked all fuses and connections.

I do not see any markings on the wires as to what they are or for but if i am understanding you to check continuity of wire and if there is power going down to plow and ground back to module. That may help. Does the power first go to the module and then down to the plow or opposite? I am thinking there should be power to the plow first? Anyone know of a tool, like a very smal wire brush to clean down inside the plug and where to purchase it ?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Get a few cans of electrical cleaner at the auto parts store, note, do not get it on anything plastic, like on your bumper, it may discolor it. Spray the crap out of it, then blow them out with compressed air. You need to download the wiring diagrams, then trace the power and ground circuits.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts