Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 8’ fisher straight blade plow with insta act pump.. I changed the fluid freed up the brushes and got everything working as it should I go to raise it motor sounds strong but won’t raise unless I frequent press the button to go up if I don’t do that it won’t move at all same with the left and right angles.. I got about $120 invested in this trying to get this to work and I’ve put a brand new solinoid in it nothing is working!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
There is a wire coming off the valves behind the little plastic cover going to the motor. What color wire is it going to (that is, which stud on the motor?)

Edit: nevermind. I already know the answer anyway. When you removed it, you took the wire off the ground post on the motor and screwed up reinstalling it and put it on the positive post. Take the ring terminal off the motor stud and move it to the stud with the black wire.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the same type of problem on the left to right and right to left, with a different unit. I posted a few days ago but I haven’t had the chance to look at it. Seems to me once the motor kicks in the valves don’t have enough juice to keep fully opened. But that’s just my guess.
did you get anywhere with it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the same type of problem on the left to right and right to left, with a different unit. I posted a few days ago but I haven’t had the chance to look at it. Seems to me once the motor kicks in the valves don’t have enough juice to keep fully opened. But that’s just my guess.
did you get anywhere with it?
I’m gonna try and do the grounds it only moves when I frequently press the button to go up like if you hold it to go up it barley moves and the motor spins but if you keep pressing it it finally goes up same with the angles..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a wire coming off the valves behind the little plastic cover going to the motor. What color wire is it going to (that is, which stud on the motor?)

Edit: nevermind. I already know the answer anyway. When you removed it, you took the wire off the ground post on the motor and screwed up reinstalling it and put it on the positive post. Take the ring terminal off the motor stud and move it to the stud with the black wire.
So if the one of the extra wires that are supposed to go on the pump motor are supposed to be on the ground post?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts