Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hav a 5 yr old Fisher MM plow and recently started having a problem. now it wont move at all so I had to drop it where it was.
When I try to move side to side or up it make an "electrical" ticking sound at the pump and I have to unhook power to get it to stop. now its doing repeatedly.
Im thinking or wonder if I clean the connections will fix it as thinking a power issue?? as not enough power getting to work the pump so it clicking. Thats gonna be my first try is to clean connections. they dont look bad at all but....clean ensure a good connection for pump power.

Need to go look at troubleshooting guide as well.

Thanks
Western NY

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
Weak/ bad solenoid, loose or corroded connections, low voltage

If it is the “relays “
are the plugs good. Plugged tightly together?
Clean, free of old dialectrict grease
And crap? Pins making a good connection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today went and pick up plow to get home.....I was gonna arc /. bypass the motor relay to get it to go up...but I also heard about spreading the "prongs" of the male end to make better connection with female connector from truck side and after doing that she worked great....still going to get her home and verify connections are good and try out from there... but that just may hvae been it. I did notice after I read that pc of advice that the connection was pretty easy to disconnect and connect... so maybe the prongs just got squished and didnt make good contact. but so far she working fine so maybe that was all it was.... but atleast I get her home vs sitting in my parents driveway..........Thanks for your feedback... I just wanted to report back with what I found and if any further problems I will report back but that maybe just was it...not a good connection at the connection at the wire hardness plugs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts