Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum, first post.
My Fisher HT, purchased with a new 2011 Silverado and dealer installed, has worked flawlessly for 8 years. Recently when plowing a wet and rainy storm the blade wouldn't come up. I can't recall if it would angle left or right either - I should have made note of this but didn't. No sound at the motor, controller didn't seem to do anything. I may be imagining this, but I thought I heard a "beep" at the controller that I've never heard before. I didn't check if there was a flashing light at the controller at the time (didn't know any better). It happened intermittently at first, then more frequently, so I gave up, not wanting to be left with the plow in the down position to drive home. Was working fine when I put it away (ie. intermittent)

What's the possibilites - replace main solenoid? the lift solenoid? Solenoids overheating? Just check the connections (I use dialectric grease). Could it have been a grounding issue with the rainy, somewhat warm weather or other related issue?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
New to this forum, first post.
My Fisher HT, purchased with a new 2011 Silverado and dealer installed, has worked flawlessly for 8 years. Recently when plowing a wet and rainy storm the blade wouldn't come up. I can't recall if it would angle left or right either - I should have made note of this but didn't. No sound at the motor, controller didn't seem to do anything. I may be imagining this, but I thought I heard a "beep" at the controller that I've never heard before. I didn't check if there was a flashing light at the controller at the time (didn't know any better). It happened intermittently at first, then more frequently, so I gave up, not wanting to be left with the plow in the down position to drive home. Was working fine when I put it away (ie. intermittent)

What's the possibilites - replace main solenoid? the lift solenoid? Solenoids overheating? Just check the connections (I use dialectric grease). Could it have been a grounding issue with the rainy, somewhat warm weather or other related issue?
You could try a tarot reading?

The first thing I would check are the fuses, then the connections to the controller, and then the connectors to the plow itself to make sure they are connecting correctly. Then do as Knucklebuster says and test it all over again,

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had that same problem, I changed controller and still problem at times. Controller would blink and not raise at times. Finally I bought a new cable that connects to the battery and out the grill. Problem went away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts