Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys got a problem with a 96 mm1 electric over hydraulic set up. The plow only clicks (from the sound I've heard) and doesn't run. I changed the solenoid and the switch has power so I'm looking to narrow this down as quickly as possible, please post any ideas, thanks, JD

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
If you jump the solenoid for a sec,does the plow motor run ? (watch out,plow may move)

If it does then the solenoid could be bad,or the wiring to it.

If it doesn't,then it could be a bad battery to motor cable(s),connection,or ground.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chris thanks for the help. The motor doesn't run at all even when jumped so I guess its probably the cable or the connection. I'm also not getting juice to the power plug (power) but the lights work.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scratch that last post I just jumped it with the solenoid and the motor does run but the strange thing is the solenoid is brand new? I guess it probably the wiring.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Check the ground side of the solenoid,or just ground it and try it.A lot of them grounded though the quick-disconnect plugs,and can cause problems.

You should have power on the other side when you operate the control.

·
GO GO Gadget Plow!
1,380 Posts
Is the click coming from the valve body or the solenoid. You should have a black/ orange wire and a black ground to the battery off one of small solenoid terminals, and a brown/ red to the other small terminal. I just wired a pump last night that was doing the exact symtoms your is doing. The original solnoid was suspect, so we installed a new one, and wired as described above. By the way the power out to the pump comes off the large terminal closest to the small terminals.
you can call me at 860.608.1842 and I will help best I can
Dino

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.