Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. So first this is my first fisher plow and first time with a plow on my personal truck. I’ve used western plow before. So my question is I bought a used 8’ minute mount 2. It’s in great shape. But I’ve noticed the cutting edge is wore down to my moldboard. So I bought a new edge and I noticed they are about the same size. New one is 6” old is about 5 1/2”. I’ll try and attach a picture with the old edge on. I’m just curious if something is wrong here. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Hey everyone. So first this is my first fisher plow and first time with a plow on my personal truck. I’ve used western plow before. So my question is I bought a used 8’ minute mount 2. It’s in great shape. But I’ve noticed the cutting edge is wore down to my moldboard. So I bought a new edge and I noticed they are about the same size. New one is 6” old is about 5 1/2”. I’ll try and attach a picture with the old edge on. I’m just curious if something is wrong here. Thanks.
Wrong in what way?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Is this a trip edge plow?

If so, then yes.

I believe in the owners manual, that you can look up online for your plow mfg suggest wearing down the edge to a certain point and then bolting on replacement edge.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WalterFGBS If you take a look at the picture I shared you can see where the trip edge and the cutting edge is wore down to the same. Which normally tells me the cutting edge needs replaced. But it measures 5 1/2” where the new cutting edge measures 6”.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SnoFarmer I printed a owners manual and I don’t see that. Are you saying you’re supposed to run it with no cutting edge till it gets to a certain distance and then start using a cutting edge? If so I’ll just run it the way it is till the cutting edge wears down a lot more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WalterFGBS It would I agree. I bought the plow used and it has the decal on the back that would normally have that info and the barcodes but the ink has worn off of the decal. So there’s nothing. It’s a MM2 so I’m guessing it’s a HD or HD2

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
WalterFGBS It would I agree. I bought the plow used and it has the decal on the back that would normally have that info and the barcodes but the ink has worn off of the decal. So there’s nothing. It’s a MM2 so I’m guessing it’s a HD or HD2
That will make it difficult to find what we need... not impossible, however, just difficult. Maybe there is a serial number on the pump?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts