Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
My name is Don Campbell and I live in Northern Michigan. Gaylord, Michigan , I am about 45 minutes south of the Mackinaw bridge. I operate a small lawn care business and snowplowing business. I have plowed the last three days. We have about 12 inches of fresh snow. We are supposed to get another 7" tomorrow afternoon. I am attaching a picture of the hand built quick-tach snow-scoop I built . The side wings can be moved forward or backwards. I have used it for 5 years and I love it.
I also build models when it's not snowing and I can't do lawn work. My webpage is www.doncampbellmodels.com I have some snowplowing pictures on it too. My daughter made the snowplow look like it was hitting mailboxes.
Happy Holidays,
Don

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Hi Don! Welcome to SC.com We already know your site ;-) Check out the thread titled "Personal Website" or something similar a little ways down. Thanks for sharing the great pics on your site!

·
Registered
32 Posts
From ome new member to nother, welcome to this site. It's informative and great reading.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome Don,
Great looking models(more like works of art)LOL you've got on your web site.
Just have to love the old farm tractors that some people made in 1/2 size.

Dan

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love to weld

I have always enjoyed puttering in the shop. I built all three of my lawn trailers. One has a dump box. I built the cab on my JD 1050 tractor I used to have. I also built the rear hydraulic angle blade . I will try to find some pictures of the snowscoop I built without it being in a snowbank. I also built a hydraulic angle rear blade for this tractor but I have never used it . It has set for 3 years. When I ran out of lawn equipment projects , I got bored and started building toys.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Don welcome aboard. I have looked at you web site many times and marvel at the work you do, you sir are surely gifted in your model building, and I take great pleasure at looking at your creation one can only imagine the pleasure you must gain from your work. Again welcome to this wonderful and informative site .

Bob :D :D :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Bob! :waving Welcome, I'm sure you'll like it here. These are great folks that seem to bend over backwards to help people out. I'm looking forward to seeing that snowscoop.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Welcome Don, your web site got here before you.
The snow plowing pic are great. Jump in we have a lot of fun here and sometimes learn something also.

Tileman

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Don, You are definately my kind of tinkerer. If I'm ever up your way, you better believe I'm going to stop by and see all your 'toys' myself! Incredible, simply INCREDIBLE!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks

Thanks everyone for the kind words about my models. There are a lot of days I can't plow snow and a lot of days I can't mow grass so having a hobby like building the models is a great to keep me busy. Most of the models are built for collectors around the country. So it is a nice way to make a few extra dollars too.
We only got two inches of snow last night .
HAPPY HOLIDAYS,
Don

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Don very nice models .What kind of $$ do you get for something like that cat dozer? The reason i'm asking is that it is a very large scale model compared to any I have seen.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Welcome to the site! Your models are truly outstanding works of art!!! That Cat machine is beautiful! You make nicer models than Tonka, HAHA!! Great job on cutting the grooves in the tires too on that Cat model. How many hours roughly do you think it took you to make that Cat loader from start to finish? Im sure it was a long time. Im curious to, to how much you would charge for something such as that Cat model. Great work, truly great work, something to be VERY proud of. Great to have you here, anytime you make a new model, post it here. :D Mike :)

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Well it looks like Don can retire from lawn & snow work with all of us ordering stuff from him now :grinz

1 - 17 of 17 Posts