Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Light snow is predicted for tomorrow evening so ...
I GET TO SPRAY TONIGHT !!
We normally use plain mag chloride. One very upscale neighborhood (rich) is paying for Caliber this year. What do you guys use as an anti-icing pre-treatment?
Mag chloride? Caliber? Magic liquid? NC1000?
:D

·
AKA "Iceman"
821 Posts
Let us know how it works out for you.

I haven't gone on a liquid diet yet, but my Doctor says I should cut down on my USE OF SALT :grinz

·
Registered
445 Posts
Szorno, were area are located in that is saying snow for tomorrow? Let us know how that stuff works out.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm 50 miles southwest of Denver, Colorado in the mountains.:p

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
We just got our first load of Caliber in yesterday--4500 gallons. It's been working very well for us the past couple years. Now we need some snow to pay for it. lol Last year we used about 11,000 gallons of Caliber. We have about 500 gallons of NC3000 left so we're good for a little while yet.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Mark,
What kind of spray rigs do you have? How many? Post a pic or email to me. We may add a 3rd truck next year. How do you like the NC3000? What do you use it for specifically over caliber?:confused:

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I'll work on a decent picture. We haven't decided whether or no to upgrade the pump on it yet. It's a 325 gallon 'All Season Sprayer' from Monroe. It currently has a 40 GPM electric pump which is completely maxed out. It has the ability to do 3 lanes, if we can get the volume.

We were using the NC3000 at a Sculpture Park here in GR. They have several brass\bronze sculptures worth over a million dollars each. We supplied the liquid application while the staff cleared with brooms. Obviously they wanted zero salt\chloride anywhere near these sculptures. We and the staff were very happy with the results and no damage to sculptures or turf. We did this with a 4 wheeler with a 25 gallon spot sprayer and a 5.4 GPM pump. This worked OK, but not great. We had to go over everything twice to get decent coverage.

We are trying to convince one of our other large accounts to go with strictly liquids on walks. If this happens we will be getting a 100 gallon sprayer for our Toro Workman.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts