Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people, I seen only one topic on here about the Level Rite shocks from Firestone. All the comments are dating back to 2004 - 2007 and I thought, I need to ask again about the experience you guys had with them over the years?
I have a 2012 Ram 3500 with the 8611LP and she's quite low in the front, so I looking to order the Level Rite shocks, but still not sure if they will do the trick? I need about 2-3 inch more clearance, so I'm not sure will it lift that much with out going to the maximum pressure or would I be better on with a lift kit.. or may even both?
I don't want to spend to much $$, as the shocks are already expensive enough, but at the other hand it's more expensive to fix things afterwards, right?

So, wonder if someone gets back on this.
Happy plowing :grinz:feedback

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator
4,902 Posts
Timbren spring boosters are what I used on the front of my Ford. They don't contact the springs unless there's a load on them so empty ride isn't affected.theyre hard rubber biscuits so there's no seals to go bad like air shocks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Timbren spring boosters are what I used on the front of my Ford. They don't contact the springs unless there's a load on them so empty ride isn't affected.theyre hard rubber biscuits so there's no seals to go bad like air shocks.
I already got timbrens, but they don't give me more clearance...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
common guys, give me some feedback how much the level rite would lift my front and how did it work out over the last few years...
It's very quite in here anyway...

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have them on my truck, but I don't think they will give you 3" of lift, maybe 2" tops.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I had them on my 08 Sierra, the first set blew apart, but they were warrantied by Firestone. No they won't give 3" of lift, maybe 2".
Have to set the pressure with the plow raised or you can over load them, if you set it with the plow on the ground. I also added the electric pump and cab control, so when the plow was off I could lower the pressure, and the ride was the same. I ran a 9.5 X-V

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts