Snowplow Forums banner

Firestone Level-Rite Air Over Shock System

22K views 43 replies 22 participants last post by  Marty 
#1 ·

Firestone Level-Rite Air Over Shock System

Firestone Level-Rite Air Spring Plus Damper will:

* Level the front end in variable load applications - Snowplow, slide-in camper, grille guard.
* Allow control of front ground clearance - off-roading.
* Improve vehicle control and stability by maintaining constant tire, driveline and headlight alignment.
* Reduce bottoming - protective air cushion softens contact between the frame and suspension.
* Reduce suspension fatigue - prevent factory torsion bars from sagging under repeated or constant load.

Anybody going to get a set, I'm wondering if it would really help the load on the front? :shades

See less See more
#33 ·
Nice, Let me know how they work out with the 8611pl.

I am planning on putting some rear bags on my 3500. Loaded with salt even for an hour it seems a little to much for her. I guess I am used to the F450.

I may put these shocks on the front also.....thinking about it.:rolleyes:

oh by the way.....I am figuring that you are taking the pics with your phone. Change the settings (to less fine pic) and you probably won't have to reasize them. After I did I never have to resize.

#35 ·
Matt
Why not just put on a set of timbrens? you won't need anymore than that. I run an 8 foot Stainless spreader with a 3X6X3/16 steel tube frame in mine FULL of Magic and I am just touching the helpers.

#37 ·
one more thing i remembered for the install. the last time i took the one back off, it was still leaking air around the top nut because the red bushing weren't lined up exactly right. they act as part of the air seal for the top end of the unit. as long as you do the steps right the first time through, it a rather easy install i thought, would have been an hour or less with hand tools jack stands, and a socket set ( depending how elaborate you want to get for your airline routing locations too though...)

#40 ·
Thanks John, I think I will would like the option for a few buck more. Plus then I have an Aux Air tank for flats on machines and maybe an airhorn:eek::p

#42 ·
I just installed a set last week for a guy at work. Plow a bit last week end and so fare, he like theme alot. He was tired of adjusting the torsion bars over & over, and the stiff timbrens. They are pretty easy to install. For now i just installed a "tire valve" in the bumper cover to adjust the pressure, but he said he will comeback next week with an on board air compressor (with gage and switch) and a set of rear air bags for the rear end.

#43 ·
That is a sweet setup. I wonder why some GM IFS trucks hold the plows so differently. My 01 GMC ,i put timbrens on it,and it drops about one inch ,if that.I dont need them,so Ill save the money for rear airbags,which it could use,because it is definitely sprung soft in the back for a 2500HD.My buddies truck,excab Dmax,sags a lot more than my truck,and he has a plow prep pkg.
Very good pics Dino,now get the air compressor,and dual valves and you'll be all set.:drool

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.