Snowplow Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - SPONSOR
2,184 Posts
Thanks John, I think I will would like the option for a few buck more. Plus then I have an Aux Air tank for flats on machines and maybe an airhorn:eek::p
Matt...
Thanks for the clarification.... I did not know you wanted more than just suspension improvement.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just installed a set last week for a guy at work. Plow a bit last week end and so fare, he like theme alot. He was tired of adjusting the torsion bars over & over, and the stiff timbrens. They are pretty easy to install. For now i just installed a "tire valve" in the bumper cover to adjust the pressure, but he said he will comeback next week with an on board air compressor (with gage and switch) and a set of rear air bags for the rear end.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
That is a sweet setup. I wonder why some GM IFS trucks hold the plows so differently. My 01 GMC ,i put timbrens on it,and it drops about one inch ,if that.I dont need them,so Ill save the money for rear airbags,which it could use,because it is definitely sprung soft in the back for a 2500HD.My buddies truck,excab Dmax,sags a lot more than my truck,and he has a plow prep pkg.
Very good pics Dino,now get the air compressor,and dual valves and you'll be all set.:drool

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks John, I think I will would like the option for a few buck more. Plus then I have an Aux Air tank for flats on machines and maybe an airhorn:eek::p
Wondering, how it turned out for you with the shocks? I thinking to put some on my Ram and the 8611 LP is quite heavy and I need more clearance. Would you choose the air shocks again or a lift pack??
I know it's quite a while since this topic was posted, just looking for some updates after all those years...

41 - 44 of 44 Posts