Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep its official. Snow squalls and bands have made for a very hazardous drive here. It is so cold that the 1/4" we have here in Meriden is an icy glaze. Highways are a mess, Hills are HORRIBLE. Bill (ProSno) just called and said that in Wallingford (the next town over) they have 1.5" and he got to drop the blade at a few accounts. No where is sanded.

What did you guys get around here?????

Jay

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Heres a couple of pics of me testing out my Stihl with the powerbroom attachment this morning.

It worked great. This was the perfect little shot of snow to test it out on.

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
snow

we got around 1 in. on the ground, in pocono, pa. temp is around 17 degrees, not enough to do any thing with, going to stay cold 30s all week!!! just the start i hope!! Campi!!!plowing! :cash

·
Registered
252 Posts
snow in newhampshire as well

well i was watching the 5am weather report they said there were snowsqualls on the coast whichis like 40 miles away from me. so i look outside 2 minutes later and i see snowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ;;;;;;;; lol about inch and a half when i left my house this morning in manchester newhampshire many cars off the road on route 3, but here iam at work in nashua newhampshire no problem, david:D

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Looks like you got as much as we did, maybe a little more.The roads are a icy mess up here too.I havnt seen one sand truck on the road i guess everyones counting on the sun to clear things up this time.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just got in from work. I work in Boston and live about 15mi. south. Nothing around here but coming out of town was a mess and it is even worse north. Saw a couple of spinouts and passed 3 sanders stuck in traffic going north, while southbound was a sheet of ice.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Got about 1/4 inch. Had to fire up the salt truck and hit the roads and parking lots for the first time this year. State must have got caught. Accidents everywere and traffic backed up real bad.

Hey Jay, Don't fool with us now. We see that garden hose laying on the patio to make ice.:jk

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
People are driving like total idiots. The highways are all shut down or at a stand still right around me here. There was just a report of a Jacknife tractor trailer right on 91 near the Meriden exit.

Jay

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
We got about 2 inches but the wind is blowing it around here but they say 3-6 more lake effetc this morning so far nothing but i will get some picks if it does

·
Registered
485 Posts
Congratulations guys it looks like you may be able to play in the snow soon. Have fun!:burnoutplowing!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
They are still hinting at something big for this weekend..Some are even leaning towards more snow then rain now.

·
Registered
217 Posts
:D
Well Jay, I didn't see you and Bill Snow dance the other day!
Maybe in private???

What a mess this morning, 3/4 hr to do a 5min drive to get here at the shop, sheet Ice everywhere.

Oh BTW :

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOKNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE UPTON NY
530 AM EST TUE DEC 2 2003
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTHEAST NEW YORK...
NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY AND SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT.

DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...WEDNESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY...
FOR FRIDAY...AS THE ARCTIC HIGH PRESSURE SYSTEM MOVES OFFSHORE AND A
WEAK WAVE OF LOW PRESSURE APPROACHES THE REGION...UP TO 1/4 INCH OF
PRECIPITATION MAY OCCUR. NORTH AND WEST OF NEW YORK CITY...INCLUDING
INTERIOR SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT...THE MAIN PRECIPITATION TYPE WILL BE
SNOW. ALONG THE COAST...A MIX OF SNOW AND RAIN IS POSSIBLE.

SATURDAY AND SUNDAY...THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR A COASTAL STORM. STAYTUNED.

What a 1/4" of precip Rain or snow ???

Any way looks like winter has finally shown up!

Bob

·
Registered
132 Posts
I just got back from the first run of the year. The lake effect machine has started again. They are calling for another 3-6 by midnight, but at last check of the radar, it looks to be slowing down for the time being.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If im not mistaken 1" of Rain is the water equivalent to 20" of dry fluffy snow so 1/4" of rain would be 5" of fluffy dry snow.

Jay

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Here are some picks of my snow! oops forgot to attach

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Here we go!

Attachments

·
Registered