Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this Fenner pump late last year and never used it in a storm. I went from belt driven to this cause I thought the Fenner would be faster. So far I am not happy with it at all. It is quirky to say the least. I think it might have a valve by pass problem or somthing. Here is what happens and it is two fold:
First:
When I want to angle to the right or left it will intermitt. go up and not angle at all till I lower it back down all the way on the "float" part of the down switch. Again this only happens sometimes and more often when trying to angle left when the plow is all the way over to the right.
Second:
When angled left or right and I move into a heavy pile I hear a not normal noise from the pump assy. and the blade will move when trying to cut into a pile and such. It is like the cylinder back feeds into whatever the valve is and just gives way.

There is a hydralic place near my shop and I think they deal in
Fenner products. I am not really happy cause this thing is brand new and I got it on ebay. Any ideas what it could be.
Thanks for the help.
T.J.
www.tjsperformance.com

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I knew Fenner made motors, but I had never heard of them making the pumps also. I would take it to the shop you mention. There could be several reasons for the problems you are having, and it would be difficult to walk you through the trouble shoot in posts like this. But if you have time, I'm sure somone here will be able to help you get it going.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Fenner is quite big in plow pumps and controls.I believe they make all the hydraulic units for Snoway.

The blade giving way and the pump making a funny sound is normal when the crossover relief valve opens,but it sounds like it may be set a little on the low side.

The other problem sounds like a dirty or sticky valve.The Fenner's do not like dirty fluid.I'd try flushing and changing the fluid first.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do you set the crossover to not give way so easy. This thing is brand new. This is the first time I used it and had a problem. I will try flushing the system and see what happens. It is real slow going up as well. Left to right is ok, but not what I expected. I think it should be faster than it is.
T.J.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
I don't have much info on how to set them up.Maybe someone else here can chime in to help.

If not,you may have to take it in to see what is wrong with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts