Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to Lowe's changing to electronic contracts, my fax machine use has more than quadrupled in the last few months. I'm burning up print cartridges and paper way too fast. Each work order I receive includes at least 7 pages, but I only need to print 2 at most. I'd like to be able to delete the rest. I'm estimating that once things get real busy, I'll be averaging 40-60 pages per day.

Anybody know of a good software to install I can install on the office computer for this?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Check out this web site http://www.2point.com/FAXserve/
These guys have been around for a long time. I was using some of there early software way back to send and recive fax's. There still around after 20 years.

I still have it on my system today, I don't use it anymore but its sitll there and it still works.

·
Banned
3,450 Posts
The other option, the one I'm on the verge of switching to is Internet based faxes. It drops them right into your inbox as a PDF, to send them, you just attach the document to an email and send it. Seems like a neat deal, and the phone company wont transfer my fax number when we move, so I'll probably switch for that purpose and to save on paper...

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - SPONSOR
2,184 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Also, if you're doing that kind of volume, you need to jump to a laser model. You'll pay for the price difference by the time you've used up the first toner cartridge. I was doing a cost comparison and I seem to remember that a laser toner prints something like 10-15X the page count that an inkjet cartridge prints. Yes, the toners are more expensive, but it's still WAY cheaper to run, not to mention faster, higher quality, and the machines are built to withstand commercial volume.

My wife's HP inkjet fax eats feeder wheels like they're candy.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses & advice. If anybody else has more to add, feel free. I'll be digging into this to try to figure outs what's gonna work best for my application as soon as I get some time, probably this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts