Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else happen to catch the segment about the 40mph frontal crash test results of the F150 that has been produced up until present and is now called the F150 Heritage. YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It received a worst test rating for its impact damage which included crumbling up to and past the firewall, breakaway of inside paneling around the doors, the door popping open and crumbling, the seat and steering wheel both shifting tremendous amounts, and the frame buckling right behind the cab in the 40MPH frontal crash.

They then showed the NEW F150 and its totally amazing change in engineering. The results were night and day. The new F150 had minimal movement from the firewall back upon impact and the frame behind the cab stayed at a stable state with no buckling or bending.

Just thought Id share for a heads up safety wise for any of you guys who own one of these late model F150's.

Jay

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I saw that segment.After watching that i dont know why anyone would want the F150 Heritage it really did terrible.For the cost(which isnt much more) the new f150 did 100% better.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Anybody have a chance to check out the new 150? Pretty cool - the only thing I don't really like is the tailgate (I'm sure it's part of the redesign as a selling point) it feels like it weighs 3lbs. What would you get a new 150 or a 250? :) When will they do a redesign of the 250, probably not for 2-3 years?

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WoofsPlow said:
When will they do a redesign of the 250, probably not for 2-3 years?

I think that the F250 LD is done with production. The F150 Heritage is the last truck being made on that platform according to what I have been told. I have a feeling it will be F250 SD and thats it and thats all.

Jay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts