Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, my bracket lasted quite a while, but after doing gravel drives and ice, i went through another torn urethane center shoe on my Power-V.......

why can't someone mold a metal bracket inside urethane or rubber to make these more durable.

well, it's back to the drawing board, in the mean time , i guess i'll use some scraps and make a block.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'm having an awfull time keeping those stupid rubber center flaps on the Fishers,customers have then tore to hell by the end of each storm,looking into Urethane now,anyone have any experience with a urethane center shoe for Fisher V's?

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
LOL tell me about it .Im on center shoe #4.The one i made last yr out a scrap or urethane lasted the longest. I am on #2 this yr already

·
Registered
309 Posts
Arc Burn said:
I'm having an awfull time keeping those stupid rubber center flaps on the Fishers,customers have then tore to hell by the end of each storm,looking into Urethane now,anyone have any experience with a urethane center shoe for Fisher V's?
Arc Burn,

Get rid of that metal bracket and peice of rubber!!:headwall Give Dino a call and have him send you a 3/4 peice of Urethane:grinz It works a hundred times better than that bracket and rubber;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have some scrap left over to use like John had on his.

you got a pic of yours? oops, i just saw a pic of yours on your photo page. are mvp's shaped and attach the same as Boss?

·
Registered
309 Posts
captdevo,

I'm not familar with the Boss center shoe. I do know it's diferent than the Fisher EZV and Western MVP(which are the same.

Here is a pic of the Urethane center peice I use instead of the factory bracket and rubber peice. You just bolt it on the back of the trip edge useing the inner most bolts for the cutting edge.

Works great on the Western and Fisher V's:grinz

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ahhh..ok, with Boss, i may have to mount it on the front of the moldboard and cutting edge I'll have to look a little closer...

thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes! My urethane center shoe came off too!!! I am going to get a NEW cutting edge and a NEW OEM shoe, and try the sucker again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headwall I am getting SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sick of leaving a "mohawk" down the middle of a run!!!!!Jon

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
i think im going to fix the center shoe once and for all,with a blzzard 810.

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
John DiMartino said:
i think im going to fix the center shoe once and for all,with a blzzard 810.
hell yes..................I was going to say that

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
John, Got one left but you've got to trip to Erie to get it.......

Jerre

p.s. Why do V's leave trails????? to find there way home.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Pelican, you were reading my mind. Jerre ,Ill call you in the AM Johnny:D

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Hopefully next week this time , I will have fixed the center shoe problem once and for all:D . Jerre has the fix for it.:D

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Thats great John . I cant believe Jerre still has the latest version of the 810 in stock .

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Bil, Jerre searched far and wide to get me a new 810. Ill have pics next week,between the sidewing and 810 ill be able to let those twin turbos sing on long passes:D . John

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Great news John,lets see some pics when it's mounted up with the sidewing.

We'll have to see how it holds up to 500 HP. :D

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Chris,Ill have to shoot some nitrous on it and see how it holds up to 650hp:D .I get the feeling the sidwing is going to be black no matter what color i paint it:D .

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Cool ,a side wing too . You could possibly now be able to give your drivetrain a bit of a workout

1 - 20 of 20 Posts